Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
How to replace Moen 9601 ChoiceFlo Filter under sink

My 2008 23FB has the factory installed Moen Choiceflow 9601 filter. When We bought my AS from colonial the cap for the filter was missing so We just left the filter in when we winterized our unit.

I now have unwinterized and have water with bleach sitting in the lines. Once I rinse that out, what is the procedure for changing the water filter? Do I have to drain the lines or can you replace the factory Moen filter with water in the lines?

Thanks.
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
If it's a big white cartridge, turn it a quarter turn counterclockwise and pull it off the fitting.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If it's a big white cartridge, turn it a quarter turn counterclockwise and pull it off the fitting.
Will water come out when I do that or does it seal when the filter is removed?
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonginator View Post
Will water come out when I do that or does it seal when the filter is removed?
You may get a small spritz of water. Just put a towel under it before removing.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
The Villages , Florida
I have a 2012 CL and it has the same water filter under the kitchen sink. I had difficulty locating the led and how it is supposed to work. I have never seen any led indication and had to contact Moen via telephone to get installation and parts breakdown information. The contact at Moen was very nice, but did not answer my questions thoroughly. I want to know when the led indicates and how....color....number of blinks.....??????? The Installation documentation only states that it indicates.....DUH! I replaced the battery once I located it and it blinked blue for about 10-15 seconds. Then went out. It is supposed to indicate when the filter needs to be replaced....How? Any info. on the times it is supposed to blink and what should I see.
Uncle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
The Villages , Florida
I have a shut-off valve just before the filter which I turned off before removing the old filter.
Uncle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote