Old 05-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Hot Water Heater in a 2018 Classic

Propane tank may have tripped the OPD excess flow valve when you turned it back on after filling it. That prevents leaks. It’s a feature, not a bug...

Try the stove. If it does light eventually there may just be air in the line.

If the stove won’t work, shut off both propane tanks. Wait a few minutes and then turn them on very slowly. That sometimes resets the excess flow valve.

Then try the stove first, make sure it lights, then turn it off and try the water heater again. If it ‘red lights’, turn off the switch and wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.

Repeat switching on and off the water heater three or four times. Sometimes it is hard to get air out of the water heater supply line.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
stanfordville , New York
i have tried it all....nothing doing!!!people around me(all aistream park in virginia highland ) think its the cercuit board that gave out...badly made in china and needs to be replaced???left message with Patrick at lakewood N.J dealership..my rig is one year old...
how do you bleed the system????maybe there is air in the pipe..wishful thinking ...stove works fine

i turn the h.w on,red light goes on,then off then red again and it tries 3 times then nothing ,just red light ..i switch it off.
la nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
stanfordville , New York
i tried lighting it manually ,it goes on for a second and then turns of..tried this several times no go
Old 05-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Ok. That sounds like a dead board. Don’t replace it with the same problem from China.

Get a dinosaur board. Search in the forums or online for the site to order one. If your rig is still under warranty others have reported Airstream has covered it. Talk to Patrick about the issues
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #25
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by la nomade View Post
i just had my propane tanks filled,now i can not get any hot water,i heather kicks on,red light goes off system shuts down???????why??it worked perfectly fine till i filled the propane tank.?????help!!!!
Hi la nomade,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #26
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Love hijacked threads. OP has an Alde system, second poster la nomade has an Atwood. Very confusing coming in at the end and seeing suggestion to use a dinosaur board for what I thought was an Alde thread....
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
stanfordville , New York
i did talk to patrick..he send me a new board,not the dinosaur..same made in china..heather started right away,,then started dripping....turned it off after a while...when i put it back on later,it took 3 tries..then a un usual noise .like s small explosion....something is wrong..will have it looked at by a mobile repair service..too much of a hassle to drive to n.J.