Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
FloJet Model 0362650: 2014 International 25'

Yes... what a noisy pump. So, going back a couple years on the Forum filtering through leaks to noise, with no definite solution, I looked at the pump to see what Brand and Model.

I needed a small mirror to read the sticker on the top of the pump.

The Water Pump is bolted to the masonite plywood BEFORE being installed below the closet, just over the pump. Getting a battery screw driver is impossible to remove screws as they are installed... vertical and not at an angle. A slower process will eventually be needed... by hand.

When looking at the pump, the front wood screw, securing the 'pump shelf' to a wood brace was missing and found on the floor, behind the access door. I then noticed that the outlet water hose was crimped against the frame of the closet. You will see that in the one photo that was focused.

I drilled two holes at an angle for two 'good wood screws' to secure the water pump board. The thought was it may reduce the noise of the pump.

It didn't... reduce the noise after running the pump a couple seconds without water.

I took a lever, my three foot level, to fulcrum this board, about 1/4", away from the pinched water line, against the corner plywood closet frame. I used two wood screws into my two freshly drilled entry holes and the pump board is firmly secured.

The water hose may 'relax' from being crimped over time and some heat from the trailer warming up in the Summer camping season. The flow never seemed restricted, but next trip we shall know.

The noise is not any better, but the pump works, never had any leaks and now somewhat improved by being secured. The pump sits on four rubber grommets to reduce... noise. I guess.

I am including a Before photo. Missing screw and the crimped water line on the left side. You may want to check yours. If there is enough vibration, this sharp edge may cut through the water hose creating a 'special water mess' for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4950.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	369.2 KB
ID:	279683   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4956.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	279684