Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2002, 02:41 PM   #1
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Faulty Emerson RV E-330-5 Hot Water Dispenser

When we tried to use the Hot Water Dispenser in the 345 Airstream Motor Home we purchased recently, we found that it worked fine but leaked profusely at the sink top. We Contacted Technical Service of In-sink-erator (ISE) at 1-800-588-5700, and was told that the problem was with the Valve Stem Assembly. Cost of Part plus shipping - $20.59. A special screw driver is required to make this repair which was also purchased at a price of $1,83. We are in the process of effecting this repair. This can be a very useful device and if any other MH users have this equipment, there is excellent Technical Service Support to help you get it operational.
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Thanks for the post Doc. My hot water dispenser does not work. I wonder if whole replacements are available? I'll give them a call. My kids like oatmeal, grits, and cream of wheat and I was thinking that would be a great way to heat the water for them in the morning.

I am getting juice to the power outlet unde the sink. I don't get water (hot or cold) out of the faucet. It has not been high on my list.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:02 PM   #3
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Fred - at the number I posted you can get all parts, or a replacement unit for that matter.t However, Look on pages G-22-G-24 in your Airstream Manual. These trouble shooting guides point to some things you can check. If you have power, it appears you have a stoppage. Call the number, Option 2, and you gan get a Tech Svc Rep who will listen to your problem and give you suggestion for action. There is a recall program available for whole units too at 1-800-295-8727. I do not think the recall applies to the RV Model, but they will tell you - you will need your serial number and model number - found on front of unit. We have found this unit to be great for whatever need there is for hot water.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Hot-1

My unit is an Emerson E-330-3. It is labeled as Emerson but manufactured by In-sinker-ator (www.insinkerator.com). It is the same unit as the 'Hot-1' sold at Home Depot and Lowes. Rather than fuss with a 17 year old hot water dispenser, I'm opting to replace it. There's no telling what's in that old water tank! A new unit only costs $89 (Home Depot $89, Lowes wants $104 although they price match). The repairs under $100 won't kill me. It's the $700-800 ones that were putting me under.

My unit is subject to the recall. The issue is a cardboard spacer that is being replaced by a plastic one. I guess the plastic is better since it is protecting electrical connections that may spark.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 02:07 PM   #5
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
OK Fred, Glad you checked it out - we obtained the part and ours is working beautifully with no further leaks. Glad we did not have to tear it out of the sink top. Since the water tank on this vehicle was protected with a water filter, we felt that it was worth correcting the leak, as opposed to replacement. On a closing note, we are departing from Anderson Monday morning the 5th of August. on our first trip since purchasing the vehicle, for Palmetto Cove (An Airstream Park in the Great Smokie Mountains near Cleveland, SC) to spend a week attendingf a rally there. If all goes well on this shakedown, we will leave on the 15th of August for Wyoming, on up to Minnesota, Upper Michigan, Michigan, Missouri, Arkansas, and back.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #6
I think I can.....

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Phoenixville , Pennsylvania
InSinkErator the Phone # was slightly differnt 1 800 558 5700

fast forward all this time Emerson is still glad to help you in our case it's going to be a new one for our 1989 345 le and our 1987 345
ForexTreeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote