Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Accessing water pump on a 94 Excella

I'm trying to access my water pump via the false bottom in the CS wardrope. My setup is as follows: While facing in, there is a 90 degree corner-edge trim that runs along the left bottom side. There is another pieces that runs along the back wall and is miter with the other. The false bottom floor runs under both pieces of trim. There are also 4 screws, 1 in the back and 3 up front.

The only way to remove the false floor is to remove the corner-edge trim, but when I was trying to pry/remove the corner-edge pieces, they felt as if they were fasten and I would damage them if I continued. note: there are 2 wardrope doors and there is a vertical piece of wood in the center opening, which the doors close to.

If I need to be more aggressive in removing the trim, please share. I hope someone out there has a simular setup and will be able to walk me through it.

Many Thanks, John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
John,
Part of the wardrobe false floor on my 1994 34' Excella is on a hinge and opens right up from the front. Are you sure you don't have a knob in there to pull, or maybe it is missing? The 28' may be different but that would frustrate the heck out of me to have to disassemble the trim, etc just to get to the water pump.
Randy
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

To make a long story short

Underneath the CS wardrope closet, there is a small storage draw. Remove this draw and now you have access to the water pump and filler hose for the fresh water tank.

John HD,
Again, thanks for taking the time in helping me out!!!

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote