Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
summerfield , Florida
access panel for water pump...where?

We have a 05 25' FB, I can not access the water pump. Supposedly I can through the wardrobe closet, I did take out panel and could not get to water pump. Appreciate feedback on this..
safari05-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I used to own a '98 Safari 25'. The water pump was accessed in the closet. The bottom of the closet had a removable panel with a finger hole to lift with, pump was under it on the floor. Good luck.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
25' FB SE water pump

Stonecrest2 -- the 2005 is the FB with the suicide door, right? My '06 was built in early August 2005, so is probably only a handful of months after yours was built.

The finished panel with duct outlet directly below the roadside wardrobe has hinges at the rear. Pull the front of the panel closest to the shower and it should open. I was just in there tonight to winterize.

Last year I installed the bypass valve seen in john hd's thread. This whole area is very tight! The furnace duct at the access door had to be removed temporarily. I also had to remove the thin panel in the cabinet under the fridge to help with visualizing and access. My photo in a different winterizing thread is taken from this below fridge panel location (see post 114). The water pump had to be relocated a few inches to make space for the bypass valve.

I have been critical that the outside shower will freeze even if you run the furnace in cold weather. I took two panels away inside the wardrobe this afternoon and confirmed that it'll be impossible to install valves to shut off water to the outside shower. Guess I'll just have to carry my small oil-less compressor when travelling in the mountains in spring and fall.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote