Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2003, 06:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question 63 Safari Valliant Tankless WH???

I have a tnakless WH in my 63 Safari. It doesn't seem to be working( Can't get Pilot to light), and there is no water comming out of any of the hot fixtures.(gally sink bath sink or shower) Does anyone have any sources for replacement or tips on Service? Thanks alot as i am a newbie
srgntpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I am also interested in this topic. My 'non-internet' friend has one in his '60 Traveler and has considered replacing it for the same reasons that you have. He took his out and has tinkered with it but to no avail. Twice I've emailed the co. overseas that made it but they have not responded. Are there manuals on these things? Anyone have one that's working properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my friend keeps asking me "to find something on the internet."

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:50 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

I have a service bulletin on it that shows a pic and gives some technical info but nothing too specific. I think i am going to swap mine out for a 6 gal elec as i will have a generator and spend most of my time in a campground. If you find any info though let me know as it will be awhile till i do anythink thanks
Old 11-04-2003, 07:38 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

anyone ever hear of one of these before??? I know I can't be the ONLY Safari Owner out there with one of these heaters..... can I ?????
Old 11-05-2003, 04:19 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

San Antonio, TX
Tankless Water Heater

I put a tankless water heater under the kitchen sink in my house (not my A/S - still looking for a trailer ). We had to run the hot water for an inordinate amount of time to get hot to come out, so I added one of these to speed things up. It basically is a heated coil of pipe which the water runs through - nearly instant hot water. It works great at home, but I saw a post mentioning that most trailer parks have limited amperage to the sites, so this could be an issue as they draw quite a lot. The main benefit is having an endless supply of hot water - with no waiting... I've had it for a couple years now with no problems or leaks.
jlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

hey thanks for the reply but I have an old tankless heater in my A/S that isn't working so I am trying to find out if anyone knows anything about this type of heater. Also anyone who has replaced one of these with a tank type heater
Old 11-06-2003, 08:38 PM   #7
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Surely someone out there in vintage Airstreamland has one of these units in their rig. I would like to hear from you if you do. Any paperwork out there on these rather unusual units? How about close-up pictures?

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote