Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2024, 07:56 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
2023 20' Basecamp
2014 28' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
2024 23’ FBT International Hot Water SOLVED

Hot Water Mystery SOLVED!
Last month we purchased our 2024 23’ FBT International Airstream. This is our fourth airstream. From day one we had issues with the hot water getting hot with zero hot water while on city water. We brought it back to the dealer and were told that it was due to low pressure from campgrounds. We never had this problem with our two Basecamps both had the Truma Tankless or our 2014 Fly Cloud 28’ which was a tank system. They recommended using onboard water tank to get hot water, or turn on two faucets. Both sort of worked but used a lot of water waiting for the water to actually get hot. All the online hacks suggested the same or replace the Gerard tank with a better tankless system such as the Truma Aquaflow Comfort.
Yesterday being a rainy day at our campsite I started to poke around. I took the passenger side bed off and removed the wood cover over the subwoofer and water heater. I noticed a water control valve with a max-min setting. The manual says it comes from the factory on max. Mine was not. I made a quarter turn towards the MAX setting.
Vola! We now get hot water faster from both the city source or the tank. No more waiting. No more two faucets. No more having to turn on the pump. Hot water in 30 seconds.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	444574
I hope this post helps someone else.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:44 AM   #2

2023 23' International
Wilsonville , Oregon
That’s a plan! Will let you know!
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 08:49 PM   #3

2023 23' International
Wilsonville , Oregon
I did some sleuthing and here is what I found on my 2023 International '23 Front Bed Twin. The water pump is on the passenger side of the rig. The water heater is on the driver's side. I opened the water heater door and no valve was visible. Approaching the unit from inside the rig, there is a panel in the back of the cabinet under the bunk. I didn't take it off - it's held in place by four screws - so it would be simple enough.

>> Is that the best route to locating the intake flow valve mentioned here?

Thanks!
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 05:32 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
Thanks for the tip.
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:31 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
2023 20' Basecamp
2014 28' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
I did some sleuthing and here is what I found on my 2023 International '23 Front Bed Twin. The water pump is on the passenger side of the rig. The water heater is on the driver's side. I opened the water heater door and no valve was visible. Approaching the unit from inside the rig, there is a panel in the back of the cabinet under the bunk. I didn't take it off - it's held in place by four screws - so it would be simple enough.

>> Is that the best route to locating the intake flow valve mentioned here?

Thanks!
Yes. Remove the four screws and you will see the adjustment flow valve.