Our 2019 28' FC has never had stellar water pressure when on pump but it was adequate when new.
A couple years ago we actually had a harsh winter here in TX which I guess is rare. I was unprepared and hadn't "winterized" at all, I'm afraid the entire camper froze solid including whatever water was left over. After the thaw I checked everything and seemingly only the toilet leaked. Replaced it and went on with life.
However ever since that time the water pump has developed 'gremlins':
- Generally poor pressure, water is a trickle from hot or cold side
- Generally system seems to always have some air bubbles
- Sometimes gets into a "pumping forever" loop and runs indefinitely
- If I burp the faucets the system will pressurize but pump sounds "fluttery" and takes 30-60 to stabilize and stop running
- If left on overnight pump will randomly wake up... and often get stuck in a loop
- No leaks anywhere!
- City water ok of course
I'm guessing that the freeze destroyed something in the pump, likely the backflow prevention (or whatever it's called) is no longer very sealed. Looked at the manual but it didn't offer much info: Pump is located under the fridge
I'm preparing to swap out the pump. Motivated to upgrade anything if possible at the same time, cost is not an issue. I hate having things broken and I'd love to have decent water pressure for once.
- On this 2019 28' model, what should I expect the AMP rating on the pump circuit? (manual did not specify)
- Anyone access their water pump on this model before? Is it a PITA?
- Does this model come with an accumulator?
This Shurflo 4008 seems to be a standard recommended replacement:
Also this Seaflow has been mentioned. Is the AMP rating too high?
Can I really get by without an accumulator with this model?
Is this the recommended accumulator should I decide to install?
Thanks. Will post my progress