Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Austin , Texas
2008 Safari 25FB - Water Filter Location

Hi All,

a few months ago I had to do a quick winterization basically filling all of my 2008 25FB pipes with antifreeze until all fawcets, shower etc had pink fluid coming out of them. I drained the low points, put antifreeze in traps, by-passed the water heater etc.

Yesterday as I was going through the de-winterization process i read in a forum a suggestion to replace the water filter. The airstream manual pointed me to the wardrobe closet floor, where according to the manual, I would find the pump and filter. The first thing I noticed was that the wardrobe floor is not removable (it is secured with screws). The only way to see the pump is by using a small latch door bellow the wardrobe which does not provide any work space. Having said that, from that limited latch door i was able to see the pump but i saw no filter anywhere.

I am going crazy looking for the filter (which I suspect is a cartridge looking thing).

Any help from expereinced airstreamers would be most welcome in answering the questions: do I need to replace the filter as I ran antifreeze through it? where is the filter?

Thanks in advance!
Joe
JDEJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Welcome to the Forums, Joe. I regret that my trailer is not like yours, so I can't give you specific advice. But I'm sure someone here will chime in.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Joe
In my 2008 Safari 20 foot the fresh water filter is under the galley sink. It is my understanding that in the 2007 and earlier Safari's the filter was not standard equipment and was part of the LS Package. Attached is a link to the 2008 Safari Parts Manual, several 25 foot trailers are listed in the table of contents. Perhaps the location can be found there.
http://service.airstream.com/files/l...52dc6a62eb.pdf

20' 2008 Safari SE, Dill TPMS Silver Dog House
2007 GMC 1/2 ton Sierra ARE Cap
AIR # 10494
reddogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
There is a inline filter/screen before the pump designed to screen out any junk from getting into the pump. But there is no need to remove or replace it for winterizing. Some have a filter cartridge under the galley sink and some Moen faucets have a small filter cartridge.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Your filter, if equipped is under the galley sink, usually to the right as you're looking into the cabinet. It's a Moen push and twist filter, goes only to the filtered water spigot on the galley sink, and needs to be replaced annually. Be prepared, they're kind of pricey.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Milan , Illinois
I just replaced my filter and the local dealer had no record of that style of filter. So I called Moen and they discontinued that model have stopped supplying replacement filters to stores and only sell them direct...$50. I will look for a cheaper alternative that can be found at Lowes next time.
aswbe is offline   Reply With Quote