Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Haubstadt , Indiana
Wreath container for hose storage

My wife asked me the question; could we use a wreath container for water hose storage? It sounds like a good idea. I did not get any results in a search on this forum. Anyone with experience?
Ron Glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Belmont , California
Sorry, not directly answering your question. I switched to a zero-g hose. It is very easy to fold and store away.
chugchug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Regardless of the hose type, screwing the ends together ( or capping them) is a pretty good idea before you put it away in a storage container. This is a bit more tricky with the Zero-G hoses ( which I like very much ). You have to get all the air out first ....

Why?

Well ... errr ... various little critters like water. They will go a long ways to find it when they are thirsty. They may even set up home where they find a good supply. Even if it's just a couple of bugs, they can clog things up ...

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote