Old 09-25-2019, 06:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
Where can I get replacement tanks

I am in the process of the teardown of my 1977 Sovereign 31' center bath and will hopefully be cutting the floor out (shell off will happen in the spring since i live in michigan and snow is coming) Part of my plan is to cut away some of the floor before winter to hopefully evaluate the condition of my fresh, grey, and blank tanks. Looking ahead I am trying to find sources to get replacement tanks for each of the tanks in the case that the original cannot be reused in my renovation.

Current plan is to keep the bathroom in a similar layout so i dont believe a custom inlets are necessary but not completely off the table either

Thanks for the help/

crazycuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Vintage Trailer Supply has some, and people have also used Inca Plastics replacement tanks. We got our fresh water tank from Inland RV.

Kay

Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
The water tank is still probably available through Airstream dealers, or the online sources like outofdoorsmart.com or inlandrv.com.

If you want exact replacements for the waste tanks, they wre probably originally made by INCA plastics. I was able to get an exact replacement for my black tank from my '73 at a reasonable price from them. If an exact replacement isn't that important, but you still want the tank to fit inside frame rails, VintageTrailerSupply.com has some that are designed to do just that.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belegedhel View Post
The water tank is still probably available through Airstream dealers, or the online sources like outofdoorsmart.com or inlandrv.com.

If you want exact replacements for the waste tanks, they wre probably originally made by INCA plastics. I was able to get an exact replacement for my black tank from my '73 at a reasonable price from them. If an exact replacement isn't that important, but you still want the tank to fit inside frame rails, VintageTrailerSupply.com has some that are designed to do just that.

good luck!
vintage trailer supply has tanks up to 1975 so my 1977 is not listed on any with them. I guess i will reach out to INCA if i need a tank
Old 09-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

How crazy do you want to get? Indeed this *is* the point to ask that question. No tanks have been bought and the layout is a "clean slate". Are the stock tanks big enough? Do you need / want larger? If you pull the floor now and take some measurements you have at least a month or two ( or six ) to do research.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

How crazy do you want to get? Indeed this *is* the point to ask that question. No tanks have been bought and the layout is a "clean slate". Are the stock tanks big enough? Do you need / want larger? If you pull the floor now and take some measurements you have at least a month or two ( or six ) to do research.

Bob
That is some sound advice to get the floor cut out so and assessment can be made and over the winter we can go heavy into planning/decision making phase prior to nice working weather in the spring
Old 03-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belegedhel View Post

good luck!
when i look up INCA plastics on google I am getting a website i find where is says to click here for the catalog but get sent to a server test page.