Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Janesville , Wisconsin
What Size is Black Tank

I am working on a 1964 Tradewind and would like to add a gray tank ...
Does anyone know what size (how many gallons) was the orig black tank ?? I have considerd using origanal black tank for a gray tank then adding a above floor black tank -- Has anyone added a above floor black tank??? --- PRO's and CON's for an above floor black tank ???
Also -- does anyone know if the fitting on the dump valve is still availible (Replacing valve and would like new fitting) Have pics of tank, valve - fitting on valve and also a large wasp nest under floor -- No wasp living in it -- was about 9" around
Thanks for any Help
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4075.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	97657   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4078.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	97658  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4080.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	97659  
fatwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Don't know if the fitting on your dump valve is available. The dump valve fitting on our '65 Caravel has been "out of print" for some time. Dump valve itself is available for ours, most likely for yours as well. You could check with Inland RV. They are knowledgeable, and have loads of parts. That's where I got my new dump valve.

You will need to remove the fitting from the valve to see exactly which valve you need. Someone had replaced the valve on our Caravel and installed the wrong valve. It fit OK, but didn't have the "O" ring seal needed for the fitting, so they used gobs of silicone seal. It was a bit of a job getting it apart without damaging the fitting.
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3nuNtlZcA&t=331s
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote