Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spicewood , Texas
Angry water inlet to black water tank blocked

I have a new to me 2007 classic 30ft that was never used and on our maden trip this past weekend I discovered the exterior inlet to add water to black water tank (to flush) would not allow water to enter the tank. Any ideas on this one.
mbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I almost hate to speculate!!

We have a "new to us" 2005, and ours worked fine, it ewas the first trailer I had with this feature installed.

Presume all else is ok with the black tank? IE it empties as it should?

The only thing that comes to mind is that I wonder if there is some sort of backflow prevention valve in the line that has become defective?

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
There is a back flow preven on my 2003 25ft classic. It is code that a back flow prevention valve be on anything that connects potable water to grey or septic systems. The owners manual has a fairly good picture of it. Maybe the valve was put in backwards, doubtful but you never know! Good luck and let us know what you find!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarker View Post
I have a new to me 2007 classic 30ft that was never used and on our maden trip this past weekend I discovered the exterior inlet to add water to black water tank (to flush) would not allow water to enter the tank. Any ideas on this one.
mbarker....The No Fuss Flush system does have a backflow valve that if hooked up incorrectly would stop the water from entering the black water tank. Attached is a picture of the backflow valve as it is installed in my 2007 Safari 25' and a picture of the valve itself. I had a problem with mine not seating the backflow valve correctly and water drained from the inlet into the valve assembly and worked its way out through the belly pan. Check that the valve is connected correctly. The inlet is on the bottom of the valve and the outlet to the tank is on the side of the valve. If the valve is defective order one from the manufacturer as they get $25.00 and Airstream gets 90% more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7546.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	91401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7685.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	91402  

Old 11-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
_

. , .
thanks 4 posting pix of the back flow valve, 2dabeach.

very useful!

1. besides being installed backwards OR incorrectly, it can also fail secondary to debris clogging the flow AT that valve.

2. often IF the valve is the issue, water will FLOOD the trailer inside/behind the lav sink, on to the floor or down the wall.
________

mbarker...

3. the btf can also become PLUGGED at the perforated head INSIDE the tank wall.

4. even with NORMAL flow, the btf adds water VERY VERY SLOWLY to the black tank, at most a trickle.

i've completely abandoned using it (btf) because of all 4 issues noted above...

its easier to add water to the bt via the toilet foot pedal OR a flush king....

search for the threads on the BTF or FLUSH KING, for lots of related info.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote