Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2023, 06:51 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Richmond hill , Georgia
Smooth sewer hose?

Hello all. I vaguely recall reading a forum or seeing a video where the author was discussing the major drawbacks of RV sewer hoses. They mentioned that most hoses have a ribbed texture on the inside where debris from the waste tanks can get slowed down. A waste hose with a “smooth” and “pipe like” interior was introduced as the solution to this apparent problem. I cannot for the life of me remember the brand of hose they were talking about. Does this ring a bell?

I am new to rv’Ing so your response is greatly appreciated!
Brandon2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Sometimes — not always — Google is your friend:

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/rvsew...tyc-23x10.html

Interesting concept…….
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Back in the 80s my dad had a telescoping sewer hose that was smooth and solid. The two pipes were held together with what looked like a large rubber band. The end pieces were the typical flexible hose. He loved it and used it forever until the rubber band like sleeve deteriorated. I think he bought it at the Wally Byam store in Cerritos when the factory there was still open. Haven’t seen anything like it since.
4RXLA is offline   Reply With Quote