Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Thumbs up Sewer Solutions Macerator

I just observed a demo of the Sewer Solutions water driven jet pump macerator. What a neat piece of gear for drain and flushing your black water tank! At $115 it is 1/3 the price of most electric macerators and is quicker, cleaner and easier to use. The link below will take you to their web site. Good luck and happy camping!

SewerSolution
Snaken49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Please post your comments if you have used one of these. --Thanks
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
Sewer Solution

We have had this for several years and it is the only method we will use. It has never clogged and will empty uphill. It is easy to rinse the hoses clear after flushing which prevents the bad odors.

While we were having some other work done David Tidmore put a quick connect on our black tank flush inlet and the water inlet connection on the Sewer Solution hose. This makes it quick and easy to switch back and forth.

Another tweak we found is to get a Y at the hardware store and that way we can run a hose to the Sewer Solution and the black flush at the same time.

'shaker
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
I have one that we use to pump the tanks at the home campground, my sewer clean out is up hill and too close to the house to get a regular gravity hose too. I had 3 people "camped" out at my place at the same time, every other Saturday was pump out day. It did the job quite well, we used solid PVC pipe from the end of the soft hose to the clean out.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 AM   #5
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
That sounds like a great way to do it! Do you have any pic's you could post of your set up?
Joe
AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #6
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
i just got one, it works great.

60 feet of hose, it works as advertized.

john
Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
BTW

I like being able to flip the lever and backwash the drain pipes clean esp. when we are just dumping and do not do a full rinse.

Camping World only sells the complete starter kit and extension hose kits. Parts can be ordered individually at the www.sewersolution.com site.

'shaker
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
We have used one for a couple of years and are very pleased. I installed a shutoff valve in the exit hose which allows a more positive backflush than without such a valve. If you do something like this, make sure to use hose clamps to keep the hose from popping off the apparatus and the valve.

We also needed to use a small extension to provide more clearance for the flow lever on the side of the apparatus. The attached picture probably makes my description clearer!

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Solution.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	82641  
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaken49 View Post
I just observed a demo of the Sewer Solutions water driven jet pump macerator.
I don't think the sewer Solution is actually a macerator since it does not grind the waste. The link below is an actual RV style macerator. I have had the sewer solution for a few years and it works great.

Don

RV Macerator Pump & RV Waste Disposal Accessories
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #10

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We have been using the Sewer Solution now for almost two years and would never use a slinky again. We have spent over 250 nights camped on the road using the Sewer Solution. At home and at SuEllyn's Dad's house the sewer clean-out is over 60' out and slightly upgrade. We use 40' of Sewer solution Flex Hose and 25' of 1" pvc, and it really gets the job done.

As far as we're concerned, slinkies are junk. We don't even have to save any gray water to rinse the hose as the Sewer Solution's pressure hose handles this with ease. We also use hose quick connects and a "Y" junction to help make set up a snap.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN3669.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	82691   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3670.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	82692  

Name:	DSCN3671.JPG
Views:	460
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	82693   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3672.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	82694  

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I don't think the sewer Solution is actually a macerator since it does not grind the waste. The link below is an actual RV style macerator. I have had the sewer solution for a few years and it works great.

Don

RV Macerator Pump & RV Waste Disposal Accessories

Dunno according to the dictionary definition... I kind of always figured that anything that broke it up and got down the hose with out clogging was a good thing

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Littleton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
We have been using the Sewer Solution now for almost two years and would never use a slinky again. We have spent over 250 nights camped on the road using the Sewer Solution. At home and at SuEllyn's Dad's house the sewer clean-out is over 60' out and slightly upgrade. We use 40' of Sewer solution Flex Hose and 25' of 1" pvc, and it really gets the job done.

As far as we're concerned, slinkies are junk. We don't even have to save any gray water to rinse the hose as the Sewer Solution's pressure hose handles this with ease. We also use hose quick connects and a "Y" junction to help make set up a snap.

Brian
I don't know how I got this lucky to stumble upon this post....
We just got our first TT and getting the Sewer Solution took all the concerns out of the dump story....

Thanks for posting all the clarifying pictures.. this makes the forum very valuable for firsttimers like us.
carlvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
I am very happy with our SS. I will still use the stinky slinky to dump at a dump station at a rest area or such. However, where I like to dump I don't have to use a hose.

The one drawback that I have seen with the setup is if your trailer is sitting low where you connect the SS up. It will possibly be too tight for it to be unkinked.

A great investment. Also you don't have to hook it up semi-permanently.
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Love it.

Have had it for 3 years. Don't even need rubber gloves to use it. Had relatives visit who ... well I believe a paper towel went down the black tank and one doesn't want to speculate too graphically on what one could possibly have eaten that created rock hard ........... oh never mind.

Anyway much of the time it is not even necessary to use the backflush to clear the drain, but when one does it's effective even if some effort and time are required to blast the stuff through and out of the line.

I have been put in one campsight where the drainage was so severely uphill that the SS couldn't be used without kinking. I insisted that I be moved to a different site.

I've watched people struggle to clean out and store 20+ feet of slinky. NO THANKS.

Paula
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
I am finally at a point in my remodel where I am getting ready to install a holding tank(s) and etc. This does sound like a great product but I have a couple of questions as follows:

1.) Obviously the unit needs a source of water. Is water typically available at most dump sites? If not how much water would I need to have from my internal tank to run the unit?

2.) Would those of you that really like the unit prefer a built-in electric macerator pump if price was not an issue? I have been able to find some that cost just about the same as the Sewer Solution.

Thanks,

Malcolm
Old 07-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium View Post

1.) Obviously the unit needs a source of water. Is water typically available at most dump sites? If not how much water would I need to have from my internal tank to run the unit?

2.) Would those of you that really like the unit prefer a built-in electric macerator pump if price was not an issue? I have been able to find some that cost just about the same as the Sewer Solution.
The FAQ page on the Sewer Solution website does a great job of honestly answering these questions... I was impressed.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
The FAQ page on the Sewer Solution website does a great job of honestly answering these questions... I was impressed.
That's pretty large to be a macerator. Are you sure that isn't a car?
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
That's pretty large to be a macerator. Are you sure that isn't a car?
LOL! that is what happens when you are cutting and pasting links into multiple conversations and trying to work all at once.

---> HERE <--- is the correct link
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
We considered a macerator pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium View Post
I am finally at a point in my remodel where I am getting ready to install a holding tank(s) and etc. This does sound like a great product but I have a couple of questions as follows:

Thanks,

Malcolm
We considered a macerator pump in our rebuild with Uwe and after weighing all the advantages and disadvantages, we decided to go with the sewer solution....I am not sure exactly what the deciding factor was but I think it was that if we were not hooked up to power or we had a power loss it could be a problem to dump.....the Sewer Solution uses old fashioned gravity....paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #20
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Question Question...

Most of the boondock'n sites we frequent don't have dump stations with "city" pressure. How well would it work under those conditions.

I have access to the town sewer lines at home and it would sure come in handy there.