RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Vacaville , California
My second trip out in my first AS the cap came off and I lost the hose. I never used it again, and I’ve never used the tube on my present AS. It’s a horrible design and it’s way up under the trailer. I’m an old operating room nurse and I have to say it’s about the worst thing you can use, infection control-wise. Think of the droplets that are splashing in your face as you push and pull that hose out of the tube. And when it dries, it aerosolizes onto your face and arms. Mine goes into a tote with a lid with all its connectors and the non-potable hose. It rides in the back of my truck.
Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:17 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Sparkle x 2
Carry mine in tote as well. I can also fill the tote with water and disinfectant to soak the hose and fittings periodically.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:32 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
WARNER ROBINS , GA
Sparkle & Twinkle, I’ve been keeping my hoses (10’ & 5’) in and fittings in sportsman trunk for a few years also. Makes the dump process so easy. Once home fill it up with mr clean or pinesol (super pine smelly) and let it sit a few hours. Rinse and hang up over tree branch. Trunk fits easy under airstream when parked for a while. My original tube lost a screw on the road and was waving around at the fuel pump in Arizona. Took it off and it never went back on. Much easier in the trunk.
jrwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I keep mine in the bumper storage as well.
But since I bought the Camco Rhino-Flex it does compress down.
That's a 10' section.
So, a few 1/2" PVC fittings and I made this to keep the hose compressed.

Since the Rhino-Flex came with caps, I think the next version will have the caps hold the ends and the same center tube with a joint.
Then it will fit in the tube.
Although this version dries out nicely since its open.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote