Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
ARTHUR , Illinois
Sewer fixtures for black/grey water pumps

Like several A/s owners, I imagine, I gave up pretty quickly and bought a waste water pump. After I'd pulled into a half dozen spots and found that, in many cases, their sewer receptacles were anywhere from 6" to as much as a foot high, operating on a theory that you can't run water up hill, I bought a pump!

But hooking the sewer hose(s) to these RV park/campgrounds receptacles....which are NOT standardized in any way, was my next problem. So I resorted to my farmer ingenuity.

I now have a pair of PVC plugs/caps that have solved the problem so far. One is a combination 3" and 4" plug with a 3/4" PVC pipe-to-garden hose connection running through the both of them and the other one is a 4" PVC cap also with a 3/4" PVC pipe-to-garden hose connection. (which I'll attach pix of, if I can)

When I hook up with either, I just hook the grey water hose to the "flush" fitting on the pump (which is useless on an A/S, anyway) and then to one of the "Y" garden hose fittings and just let the grey water run freely (you have to remove the rubber one-way, anti-siphon valve from the pump's "flush" fitting first, though). Then I hook the black hose, which I made up with female garden hose connectors on both ends, from the pump's outlet to the other side of the "Y" garden hose fitting and I'm in business! The sewer receptacle is sealed so no odors. And the hoses are secure so they won't slip out of the sewer receptacle. And, the PVC pipes both turn independently and freely from the cap/plugs.

To make the combination 3" and 4"male plug, I ground off some of sides of the square 'wrench fitting' from atop the 3" plug so it would fit into the bottom of the 'wrench fitting' beneath the 4" plug thereby interlocking the two plugs so that to turn the 4" will also turn the 3" beneath it to screw it into the receptacle. After this, I clamped the two plugs together, the 3" beneath the 4", and drilled a 1-1/16" hole for the 3/4" PVC pipe directly down through the center of the two. Then, when installing the 3/4" pipe, I placed a coupling in the pipe right beneath the 3" plug so that the two plugs will remain interconnected.

For the 4" cap, I drilled the same 1-1/16" hole through the cap, made up the same 3/4" PVC pipe-to-garden hose as with the plugs and just put a stainless steal hose clamp under the cap so the PVC pipe wouldn't slip out of the cap when pumping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3inch-4inch plug.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	76147   Click image for larger version

Name:	3inch-4inch plug (1).JPG
Views:	133
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	76148  

beerrun'r is offline   Reply With Quote