Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Manasquan , New Jersey
Sewer Connections - Weighty Solution..

Have you ever pulled into a campground and found that the connection to the sewer was a plain pipe coming up from the ground without threads and did not quite fit your doughnut? Well I have.. and of course I went looking for rocks etc. to place on top of my sewer elbow to keep it in the hole.... Now I have my personal solution, but it will take sipping a little vino... I am sure most of the airstreamers that I have come across will not mind... Sooooo.. what you do is buy a "Box" of wine... yea I know how crude... but depending upon your consumption it may be the most frugal choice! After you have finished with the wine, remove the plastic container inside the the box, which by the way is very strong so it will not tear, and rinse it out (pull spout out of plastic bag, takes a little effort) and throw the empty bag in your trailer... When you come across that spot that you need a weight just fill the bag with water (not all of the way) and there you go... Sit back and enjoy another cocktail from your new box of wine!....
CountryBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We've got one of those plastic elbow things that presumably fits different sizes of pipe. I wonder if this might help.

Lynn
Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Lynn, I have one of those too and it seems to work well but ya gotta admit that Country Bob's solution would be more fun!
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
Lynn, I have one of those too and it seems to work well but ya gotta admit that Country Bob's solution would be more fun!
I can hear it now: "Well honey, our bad luck continues...... The sewer connections don't work in this campground either, LET'S drain the box of wine"
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Berkeley , California
Country Bob... Excellent idea!

I have done the rock thing with moderate success and was determined on my next outing to take my soft shot scuba weight belt, just in case. Your wine box bladder idea is better...consume wine, recycle cardboard box, and use bag. Obviously, the bigger the wine box, the better. However, to be eco-friendly, do I need to buy the rest of my wine in bottles?

Nope, I will just buy the box, and have a ready reserve of bags for fellow campers as the need arises.

Ah, the beauty of Occam's razor.
Prodigy/Enkay/Hensley/Solar/LED lighting
AIR 4598 / WBCCI FCU 8579/
EAA 872814
BeBop is offline   Reply With Quote