Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
I'm thinking about this hose. It's a lot of money but if it lasts like they claim it might be worth it.

http://drainmaster.com/site/products/full-view/217

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
I'm thinking about this hose. It's a lot of money but if it lasts like they claim it might be worth it.

Products | Drain Master
This costs $159. Camco's Revolution costs about $30—we have used it for 3-4 years without a problem. If it falls apart soon, we can buy 4 more and still come out $10 ahead. Those 4 more would be good for another 12-15 years (at minimum) and by that time I'll be so old I'll be wearing Depends and won't need a sewer hose.

The Drainmaster looks like a good product and if you are going to be using a hose for 15-20 years or more, it might be cost effective. Seems like overkill to me. I expect once it has been around a while the price will drop because not too many people will spend that much for this type of sewer hose.

Camco has 2 sewer systems—Revolution and Rhinoflex. They cost about the same and look similar. A quick look at specs shows one hose (16') with Rhino and it is maybe stiffer. Revolution has two 10' hoses and is kind if floppy when propped up. I'd like stiffer, but prefer the shorter hoses for different applications. A long hose when the sewer is 5 or 6' away is a pain. One has orange ends and the other yellow.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Laramie , Wyoming
Here is a waste hose that I ran across on the WWW. It is called the Polychute. I am considering it but the price is up there.
Here is a link.

Polychute

Does anybody have any experience with it?
mgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #44
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Don't recall the brand....

.....but it was replaced a few years ago after running over a piece of tire tread and losing the tube.

Replaced the PVC carrier with a longer one and carry two 15' sections.
It's brown......and stiff, must be the good stuff.

Bob
Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #45
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
It's brown......and stiff, must be the good stuff.

Bob
Was it brown before you used it?

Gene

Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I measured the inside length of the tube under the AS and its between 45" and 46". I cut off some of my Rhino tube and reattached the connector and it's about 45 3/4" long. I snipped off the plastic ears on the main connector. The other end has the 90 deg translucent fitting and it fit into the tube. The trailer is in storage and hope to take it back in a couple of days to try. Fully extended its about 13 feet long now compared to 15 feet in its original length. It would be convenient to to have two of these tubes to put a 2nd hose and some other fittings. I had this amongst my water hoses in the rear bump tray of my Classic.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
It would be convenient to to have two of these tubes to put a 2nd hose and some other fittings.
Kelvin
Just like this? We just got back from a club campout in OKC and you can probably tell we came through some rain. When I added the 2nd tube, I drilled a hole in the side of each cap to install an elastic cord that tensions the two covers towards their closed position so they won't wiggle open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-902189412.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	185287  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
My modified Rhino hose now fits in the Airstream storage tube. Clipping off ears off the trailer connector fitting and shorting the tube worked. Granted I have only 13 feet now but I haven't needed this length as of yet.

Where did you get the 2nd tube and was it easy to install?

Thanks

Kelvin
Old 05-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Where did you get the 2nd tube and was it easy to install?
Kelvin
A local RV parts store looked up the Valterra PN and ordered one for me. If you Google for EZ Hose Carrier Black you will find a number of lengths and sources. It looks like even Camping World now carries a longer one in black.

The factory mounted the original using lag screws through the belly skin into a small piece of aluminum backing plate. I wasn't prepared to get behind the skin so I obtained 4' of aluminum bar stock from a local home improvement store. As I recall it was about 1" by 1/4". I cut it into two 2' lengths, pre drilled them and then used lag screws for the tube mounts and 5 anchor bolts spaced along each bar to secure it to the belly skin. I don't recall exactly the type of anchor bolts, but I remember looking at many styles to find ones that would expand flat against the back side of sheet metal. It probably wasn't necessary but for belt and suspenders I used adhesive between the bars and the belly skin. I also added a touch of adhesive to the inboard end caps to discourage them from coming loose.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Thanks, that seems to be a lot of work and if I need an extension I'll store it in the tow vehicle.

Kelvin
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

Bend , Oregon
I own a 2013 Sport 22 and the sewer tube is about 46". I purchased the Camco 20' Revolution sewer hose that breaks up into 2 segments from Walmart. I used a dremel to burr down the 'ears' on the fittings and was able to to fit the entire 20' segment into the 46" tube without any problem. I originally bought the Rhinoflex but for some reason it wouldn't collapse down very well.
chaeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #52
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Aren't the "ears" referred to the parts that hold the hose to things? If so, how do you make sure the hose stays on the drains or together with extension hoses? I'd think you'd want to avoid a sewer hose coming apart.

Gene

Old 05-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #53
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
I split a PVC pipe lengthwise. It springs closed enough to hold on to another section and creates a gutter into which I place the inexpensive hoses. I use leveling blocks to set slope.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Aren't the "ears" referred to the parts that hold the hose to things? If so, how do you make sure the hose stays on the drains or together with extension hoses? I'd think you'd want to avoid a sewer hose coming apart.

Gene
The "ears" are the 5 or 6 extrusions around the outside of the trailer connector.
I just clipped mine down with a pair of wire cutters. I didn't cut them down flush. I think they are there as grip aids for installing and removing the hose. They don't get involved with the latching of the hose to the trailer fitting.

Kelvin
Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #55
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Kelvin,

I think that is so. Mine is still packed away so I didn't get to look at it before I leaped forward and posted.

Gene

Old 05-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Yes, the "ears" sole function is to provide some grip to tighten the locking collar on the hose and to attach the connector to the bayonet end on the dump valve assy. The whole assy will slide into the standard 4" square bumper tube common on white box trailers. I shaved my ears down with a belt sander so that it would slide into the round storage tube Airstream uses. I've not found that shortening the ears made any difference making a secure connection.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I purchased the 45 degree clear fitting so I could use my black tank flush feature and observe the clarity of the water so I could turn the water off but my copy of this part leaks where my Rhino hose screws on. Luckily I was only dumping gray at the time.

All the reviews on Amazon are glowing, except for mine.

Kelvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhino Fitting.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	186392  
Old 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #58
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Why, when we get off the "pot", do we always look back to see...what?

I don't need no stink'n clear elbow to watch the cr@p flo-by.

Bob
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Oh, Bob...........true that is.......but really?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
I purchased the 45 degree clear fitting so I could use my black tank flush feature and observe the clarity of the water so I could turn the water off but my copy of this part leaks where my Rhino hose screws on. Luckily I was only dumping gray at the time.

All the reviews on Amazon are glowing, except for mine.

Kelvin
Mine leaked also, the first time I used it. The gasket looks fine. It seemed to be leaking at the top, where the clear fitting met the hose. I wonder if the weight of the hose (filled with flowing water) was putting enough torque on it to cause the leak.....I'll try it again, with the hose supported.

Anybody have trouble with the clear 90 degree elbow?
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote