Old 09-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Sdt
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Blue Mountain , Mississippi
Replacing black tank slide valve

I have 2004 Safari, 25 with a seeping black tank valve. I know that some models have all sheet metal underneath and in order to access valve you must cut a hole in sheet metal then scab over with another sheet. My model has black ridged plastic covers that cover the tanks and valves, one for each tank. They appear to be supported by 4 straps each. My first question Is can I access valves by dropping the plastic covers or do I cut a hole into the cover just like the metal ones? Looks like pretty big job and hard to get to to remove covers.

Second, to remove the leaking valve, are the plastic drain pipe glued together into the valve or will they slip out?

Thanks for any advise
Sdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
The valves are attached to a tank adapter. The adapter slips in the tank neck and is held in place by a clamp. On my trailer, the black and grey valve's exit pipes met in the middle and were joined by a rubber clamp on connector. After that connector was removed, both valves easily slide out of the tank necks so the piece could be lowered.

My valves still worked ok. My set up was leaking because the tank adpaters had cracked.. I replaced both valves, both tank adapters and used new pipe. The cost of materials was under $200. The job wasn't difficult.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #3
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Pleasant Job for Parents

Your year is close to mine so the photos at this link might help visualize what is inside. I took off the tank cover, it was not that difficult.

The white valves are mounted directly to the tank sides and the outer layer is removed with a screw driver leaving half of the valve body attached to the tank. The pipe was glued to each valve half. The exit piping has a rubber section (see two metal compression straps in pic) that can be easily removed to work with one or the other valve. Replace the rubber O-ring gaskets in the offending valve and reassemble.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f28...ml#post2361754

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote