Reference the tank discussion in Sub Forems "Caravel."
My last post...
I have the broken black water tank out of the Caravel
.....and it was relatively easy. No major disassembly as was the prog. Major bucks saved and down time will depend on tank replacement.
1. Remove the bottom aft belly skin. 57" by 27"....no big deal. Besides now you have a chance to do some serious inspecting, valve work, insulation, etc.
(About 10 minutes.)
2. Drain water from toilet and tank. (about 2 minutes)
3. Loosen four attach bolts for the dump valve and free it up from bottom of tank. Removal not necessary. (about 2 minutes)
4. Remove sprayer from its attach and store it in the sink.( About 2 minutes)
5. Disconnect the water to the toilet inlet. (one minute)
6. Unbolt toilet bowl from its mount. Four bolts, 1/2 inch. Mine were rusted to worthlesness and I had to hacksaw them off. Remove and store toilet out of the way.(20 minutes with the sawing.)
6a. Unscrew and remove the toilet flange from top of tank. I made a "tool" by taking a 1 foot 1 x 1 1/2 x 12 board, drilled two 1/4 inch holes six inches apart and inserting a 1/4 x 2 inch bolt thru each hole. Then used this as my spanner wrench to unscrew the flange. (10 minutes)
7. Detach the tank end of the vent tube. Cut the tube off about three feet up the vertical run. Leave room for a coupler when re- attaching.
Remove and store this section. (3-4 minutes)
8. There are two 1 x 1 1/2 x 18 inch boards used as floor to tank braces laying across the tank top...tightly in place. Remove them...I used a hooked prybar.
9. Slide the tank into the closet and tilt it upward when able. Be sure the drain attach fitting is clear at bottom when doing this. It comes right out.
10. Installation is next...pictures to follow. Sure beats pulling whole bath
Good luck on it.