Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
Need help finding replacement Black tank 1977 center bath

As the title says i am on the hunt for a black tank replacement for my 1977 31' sovereign with the center bath option. Is there a direct replacement tank i can get or will i have to make something else work? If you have done something similar any help would be greatly appreciated. also if you know of a replacement fresh water tank that would also be helpful
crazycuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Your tank was probably made by INCA Plastics. They are still in business, last time I checked, and you can very probably buy your exact same tank from them. When I ordered my tank from them, they had a fairly spartan web presence, and I believe to find the tank I wanted I had to call them, find it, and order it over the phone.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:15 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Germantown , Tennessee
Inca's website has a large catalog of tanks. The tank for my '73 Safari was not in their catalog, but a quick call was all it took...they knew exactly which tank I needed and I ordered directly from them.
lojoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
i have emailed INCA a few times with no response. anyone having a similar issue
Old 09-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Dorr , Michigan
finally got a reply from INCA plastics and they not longer make any of the original tanks for my 77 31' sovereign.

I started my search for alternate options for tanks that will allow us to keep a similar to factory plumbing layout, and so far I have found that with some slight modification the Fresh water tank for 70-75 Airstream will work so I ordered that from Vintage Trailer. I am waiting for their generic 55"X21"X4" Grey tank to come back in stock to order. My issue still is the black tank. I would like to keep the dump connection in the same location. the old tank which is no longer available is this https://highskyrvparts.com/new-airst...ay-tank-106659

I found a similarly shaped tank that is smaller that i can still get but the capacity is down roughly 6 gallons which may be an issue since we plan on going on some longer trips as our family of 4

If I am reading correctly the manual for my year trailer the Fresh water tank is ~50 gallons, Auxiliary(grey) is ~13 gallons and the black tank is listed at ~23 gallons

Any guidance or help on a tank that would work for me for the black tank would be greatly appreciated.