Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Cool I fount it! I found it!

After much searching I found the dump valve handle. On my 61 Caravel it sticks out of the back of the trailer inside the bumper. I am not sure why it took so long to find since there is an hole in the bumper to insert a handle thingy that attaches to the handle to open and close the valve. Of course I didn't know that the funny looking pipe in the magazine rack WAS the handle thingy until today. It is all very obvious when you know what it is and does.

Anyway, the good new is I do have a dump valve handle and the valve opens and closes. I do not have a termination cap, though. Does anyone know if I can get a cap for a 61 at like Camping World?

Kaye
Old 10-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
I fount it! I found it!

Greetings Kaye!

Quote:
Does anyone know if I can get a cap for a 61 at like Camping World?
If your coach hasn't had its plumbing updated, you will likely find that modern termination caps will not fit your coach's plumbing. There have been at least two owners of Vintage (early 1960s) coaches who have undertaken extensive searches to find the aluminum "pancake" style termination caps.

Take a look at your plumbing where the terminator fits, if it has been updated it will likely either be white or black plastic. If it is white plastic a Thetford terminator cap will likely fit; if the fitting is black plastic then Valterra will likely fit. Valterra fittings will likely be available at nearly any camping supply outlet, while the Thetford may be special order catalog items at some of the
"volume" camping supply places.

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:31 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Kevin,

Thanks for the info. Mine isn't plastic, so I guess it hasn't been updated. Good thing I have the original hose.

Kaye