Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Hose storage working loose!

This morning, when I was doing my husbandly duty (no, I mean the duty performed on the way out of the campground), one of the screws holding the “stinky slinky” storage tube fell off into my hand. When I tried to reinstall it at home, I found it would not grip the black plastic radius curve. The whole area is about as flexible as milk jug material, which leads me to believe the target for this self tapping screw is a rib or anchor plate. If so, the installer missed.
The purpose of this post is to
1) warn other owners about the potential of loosing screws (which would ruin someone else’s day) or losing their hose storage tube entirely, accompanied by dramatic scraping and snapping sounds.
2) ask if there is a simple solution for installing my tube more securely.
Thank you!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote