Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #1
2022 Caravel (sold)

2021 20' Caravel
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Paso Robles , California
Hooked hose to flush valve instead of city water

Not a newby but a newby mistake. Day 40 of a 48 day trip. Our 25th site so far. Got distracted connecting city water and attached it to flush line. Discovered my error when water was coming out of AC vent near the bathroom.

Internally how does water get from the Black Water tank to the AC vent? I had water on the roof as well. I assume the vent pipe is not exactly watertight and allowed water to get inside the shell and then appeared where it did. I do not want to remove the skin to replace the insulation and am fortunate we are in the desert for the next week. We also store in the desert so maybe the 90-110 degree heat and low humidity will help. Not worried about mold (I used to do mold inspections for a living) but I am worried about other things growing in the shell.
805Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 07:09 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
I just put new siphon 360 vents on my rig. Went I looked down both grey and black tank vent pipes it appeared to be a straight shot to the tanks. These systems are not connected.

This is a long shot....How close is the roof-black tank vent located to the roof air conditioner?
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 08:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
On our trailer (2005 Classic) the black and grey vent pipes are connected together. There is only one vent pipe coming through the roof.

I suspect in your case, the amount of water got past the AC seal on the roof. Also, it sounds like you will be fine getting the moisture cooked out of any wall or ducting.
10Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote