Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

1969 25' Tradewind
Poughqaug , New York
Help on Waste Tank Replacement 69 TradeWind?

Greetings!
This is my first post (although I have read a lot!). Would be grateful for any suggestions and help!

I am well into a restoration/modernization on a 1969 Airstream TradeWind (25'). I had removed the floor. After work on the chassis, I have replaced the sub floor, belly pan, and insulation. I have stopped at the rear bath to work on replacing the WASTE TANK(S). I want to add a GREY/BLACK TANK (69 had only 1 Black Tank). Looking to order from INCA plastics.

My Goals:
1. Have 2 tanks (1 larger Grey/1 smaller Black)
2. Have nothing showing below the rear belly pan
3. Not too concerned with freezing (not using below 32 degrees)
4. Not crazy about doing intense work re-configuring the current chassis.

My thinking:

1. Replace the old BLACK tank (H4 Inca) with the same tank (H4) but use it as a grey tank only (no toilet hole). Maybe rebuild the metal box..?
2. Move it a little more curb side to allow for some room to run plumbing for a new Black tank that would sit above floor.

I attached some pics to detail what I am planning. I would like to hear anyone's experienced opinions on the subject or if there are other similar options/threads I may have missed? Looking to keep it simple but have my waste water needs met. Not thinking I will use too much water in general.

Thank you very much for any thoughts or opinion that you may have.
Best Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tank Plan Airstream.pdf (485.8 KB, 53 views)
rodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:37 AM   #2

1964 22' Safari
Le Grand , Iowa
Similar situation

We are in a similar situation, our tank has been removed when the prior own started renovation. What did you decide to do? Would love to see pics too...
atwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #3

1969 25' Tradewind
Poughqaug , New York
Update

Thanks for the reply. A NY winter has slowed me down a bit. Still in the same place although I think I decided to replace the old black tank (INCA Plastics) with a new Grey Tank (same INCA Plastics TANK). However I will use this as a grey tank and add a black tank above the floor. This will need to be custom. There is not a lot of room to work with.

If you are not familiar with INCA PLASTICS, check them out online. They offer up standard and custom tanks. The H4 is the one that fits the 69.

Been trying to keep a blog. Here is a link if you are interested.

https://odellryan773.wixsite.com/1969airstream

Ryan
rodell is offline   Reply With Quote