Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Keswick , Ontario
Grey water sensor location 2011 27fb

I have a problem where the Catcon micropulse status monitor is not providing status for the grey water tank. Can anyone tell me where the grey water sensor is located on the 2011 27fb. I want to inspect and reseat the connection.

Thx
Mifair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
Its a common problem, the sensor is in the tank. Most times they get covered with stuff and work intermittently.
RUMSHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Keswick , Ontario
Is the grey water tank easily accessible? Is there not an external connector for the grey water tank sensor?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
Well the hole underside of the rig has a single sheet that protects all that stuff from road junk and helps keep things from freezing when things get a little bit chilly. My rig is older, it has had a panel cut out under the tanks to address that type of things over the years. Im Sure that yours is most likely still in one piece. If you could get to it, the wires are likely on the exterior of the tank, but reseating them probably won't solve the problem.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Keswick , Ontario
Not what one would expect for a grey water sensor to suddenly stop working on a new airstream and then no easy way to get at it.

How else can one gauge how full the grey tank is without the sensor?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
Conservation is key. The fact that no has discounted my replies gives me more credibility. If your boondocking, not over using your water supple is important. Not sure about your water tanks but generally your waste tanks combined are close to the capacity of your fresh water tank. Doing dishes, keep the dirty water from going down the drain and pour it down the camode. Your much less likely to fill the black tank then the gray. Showers, wet down, turn off, soap up, rinse off. Lot of things you can do to conserve water. The rest in learning how your rig behaves. All rigs are different. Lastly, you can always take it to the shop and see if they can fix it. Of its electrical issue, could be simple fix, or not. Repair shops have the tools to do the job and test the systems in the rig. Enjoy