Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Gray tank repair

I have just returned from a not real eventful trip home from Montana with my new to me, 82 34 foot airstream limted. I didn't follow the sage advice and replace the tires immediatly, instead I waited until I blew one which has created (I think) a leak in my grey tank. We are going to take off the belly pan for a look see tomorrow. Now I do not want to sell my first born and order a new one from airstream if Ican avoid it. Depending on what we find, I will attempt to repair. Has anyone had success doing this with airstream grey water tanks and what was the matl. used?

thanks.

In a previous life I was a GMC owner and we used a product called Marine Tex by Trvco and it worked well on the GMC tanks. Have no idea what the GMC tanks were made of Marine Tex adheres to a plethera of plastics.

tia

Chuck
cadonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

I don't know about repairing the tank. However, while you have the tank cover off - no need to remove the belly pan, just the holding tank cover - it would be a great time to replace the few problem prone polybutylene fittings and tubing that are virtually inaccessible from inside the coach.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:06 PM   #3
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
Cool yup!

here is what i had to do to mine

http://www.airforums.com/forum...&threadid=4753

good luck!

john
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Thanks

Thanks for the advice and the link to the post.

Will try to do the preventative maintainence mentioned when we fix the tank.

Will try to get some pictures just for giggles, probably will be duck free.

Chuck
cadonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote