Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Easy fix, or not? Black tank/outlet pipe leak

Sounds easy, but I just cannot get anywhere with it.
The hose clamp (which I have replaced) cannot be torqued up enough to prevent a small drip, drip dripping and its driving me nuts.
There is not enough play between the pipes to get at the interior of both and clean out whatever debris (I am guessing) is preventing a good seal.
There is not enough gap to be able to force caulking in between the two pipes and then clamp it tight.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I really don't want to pull the floor but it actually looks like I might have to.
I have accessed it through a hole cut into the bottom of the trailer, the piece that bolts up underneath can be unbolted but no way to remove it (that I can see) without removing the waste valve pull handles, and I dont know how to do that yet.

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote