Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Dump Valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Mary View Post
Does anyone know the brand of valves used on older AS? I have a '61 Tradewind. The valves appear in ok shape but I can't find any caps, connectors or hoses. The valve body is brass with an aluminum blade. There are 4 wedge shaped flanges on the valve. Any help would be appreciated.
Mike
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
I would say that you would have to email some of them on here that restore that year of trailers and they might be able to tell you or AS could tell for sure. Catch here is was that valve switched out, I do know that AS and other dealers have said that in the 60's the valves and piping was that of a standard household which used different sizes (meaning some used inside diameter, some outside diameter), the new trailers and all made after 1980 used a standard size for all trailers made. This is why the new caps, attachment couplings, do not fit those older trailers. I have this same problem with mine being a 1976 model.
As far as the dump valve thetford has made the majority of the dump valves which are white in color. The other is black in color.

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote