Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2016, 10:42 PM   #1

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
Black Water Tank Overflow

This is my first time on the forum. I have 2015 30' Flying Cloud that I've been living in since ~October. I'm learning a lot about living in an RV, but had an issue recently I think I could use some input on...

My black water tank grey water spray hasn't been working. I flushed my tank out fully several times to try and clear it out, but still no luck. Unfortunately, the last time I tried and saw it wasn't working, I forgot to turn off the water before I went to bed. I awoke to black tank water coming up through the toilet bowl and bathroom sink. Luckily, since I had flushed the tank out previously, the spillage was relatively clean. There also wasn't that much water to clean up inside, so I must have caught it fairly early.

However, under the trailer there was a fair amount of water. I didn't look close enough to tell exactly where it was coming from on the outside before I had to leave and by the time I got back it had all dried up.

So, the question is: in a situation like this, other than cleaning up the inside that i can get to, are there any other potential things I need to check that could have been damaged that I'm just not seeing on the surface?

Apprecaite any insight on this.
pedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
This is one of those live and learn experiences

I have a built in sprayer in my black water tank only. When hooked up I can hear it running and at start of this season, due to odors, I filled the black tank up 100% which was also a good way to check the indicator lights. Mine filled up to the top of the hole in the toilet in about 30mins. Nothing ran out from the bottom so kinda sounds like you have a leak someplace.

The sprayer is a unique option which will make clean ups go fast and easy.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
One thing I forgot to add. Got a tip few years ago that the hose connection to the drain outlets should be a clear elbow so you can see if the water is clear flowing out while the sprayer is operating. If not......close the drain line and let it fill up again. Also keeps your sewer hose clean too.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote