Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2005, 10:04 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
You're right, I was using my old 1981 as an example, and that's a motorhome too, so maybe way off course here about fluids and such. The main point was about that indicator board not being accurate...I guess that's why they're called "idiot lights" like in the autos too. I ran out and got a pic of what mine does when i test it. They are all lit on the left, indicating empty or low or dead, which they are not. I don't think there's a real fix for that. I just grin and bare it, hoping there's room enuf!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	status indicator.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	12664  
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Our black tank still says "full" and it was recalibrated, so like Porky I'm not going to fix again as all other sensors work perfect and I may end up with worse, like black tanks that read empty when full as someone else did on this forum!

Barb
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 AM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Yea, that is the risk you run with these new type systems. I don't recall the process allowing you to just do one tank. I did the recal 2x on our coach and had pretty much written it off. They did something at the Airstream Service Center that fixed it.....just hope it stays fixed.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #24
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
black water tank indicator

We've gone to the timing method of monitoring the Bambi tanks.....two days for grey and three for black.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Pedaler
We've gone to the timing method of monitoring the Bambi tanks.....two days for grey and three for black.
Wow...thats not really long at all. We got a bit over a week out of our black tank and still had a few gallons left. Grey, without using the shower could have lasted several weeks.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #26
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Well, the capacity's only about 20 gallon on each. And of course we take showers each day following a long bicycle ride, "sailor" showers. So 2 days seems pretty good to us. Also we're not much on "public" facilities so we use our own.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Pedaler
Well, the capacity's only about 20 gallon on each. And of course we take showers each day following a long bicycle ride, "sailor" showers. So 2 days seems pretty good to us. Also we're not much on "public" facilities so we use our own.

I see. I thought you were talking about the Safari. That's pretty interesting on the Bambi. You're right it is about 20 gals for both. Our Safari has the exact same black tank and with the two of us with the few stops in from my brother when he's out with us, the black tank still takes over a week to fill. I hear ya on the public facilities.

Of course if you're connected to city water, but don't have a sewer connection, you are gonna fill that gray tank REAL fast in a Bambi.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #28
Boba911

2018 19' Tommy Bahama
Warwick , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
I had similar issues and also recalibrated the unit. When I was in Jackson Center for some work, I added it to the list with little hope....we'll I was very happy to find that they got it to work just fine!

As of this moment, full is full and empty is empty nearly across the board. The only exception is that the fresh tank reads empty before it's actually empty...which to me is a small plus.

You can get some good reading on the subject here:

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ht=tank+sensor

Right now my server is off, so the downloads won't work, but if you PM me your email address, I'll send you the manual recalibration .PDFs
Please sen me the PDF to calibrate the Black tank if you can. boba911@cox.net Thanks again. BOB a
Boba911 is offline   Reply With Quote