Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Bwf

I used the BWF a couple a days ago & topped the tank off a little to much, causing some water to spillout the check valve. Today I again used it & noticed a different "tone" with the water entering the tank. I checked the line location & on our unit "04 Safari" it enters behind or bath counter & goes thru a check valve & then to the tank. The line is the same size & color as the cold water. I could find no filters, etc. I also took the check valve off & it appeared o.k. The tank seems to fill the same, but the water just doesn't sound the right. I couldn't really see any swerling (sp) action as the water entered the tank. I'm hoping I didn't plug any jets.
Best,
Al

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
No Fuss Flush devices

JmesDean and other friends following this thread....

I purchased two No Fuss Flush devices, intending to install one in the new black and the other in the new gray.

Is it useful for the gray or is this overkill?

Does a new Airstream have the device only on the black?? If so, that may tell me something.

They don't cost very much but they will entail cutting an opening in the body.

Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #23
_

. , .
sergei

it's only on the black tank.

i don't think the flush would be very useful on the gray or fresh tanks and having one more hole/pipe/fittings would just mean another set of leaks waiting to happen. we all can get pretty anal about our tanks....but i think using a little enzyme in the gray tank occasionally and not putting food or grease in it, is enough.

jack

per the owners manual.......

"......to use, hook up a hose and turn on full force. within the tank a spray head with a multiple holed head will spray the interior surface of the tank..........the gate valve should be closed for the first couple of minutes, and then opened to let the water out in a rush. repeat as needed."

so i leave the gate closed and let 'er flow full force. then i go inside, prop the pedal down with the hole open, take a look with a flash light, and watch the water level climb. after about 4-5 minutes the tank looks to be filling well and i open the gate; empty and repeat.

since the top side is open, i can see when the tanks is visibly clear....usually 2-3 cycles. i can also see how much water flow/swirl is happening at first. the tank can fill pretty quickly but it's wide and shallow so just an inch or 2 is a lot of water.

traveling solo, i sometimes goes weeks without needing to empty the black tank. so when i do flush it i like to fill/flush completely, but not wanting to build air pressure in the tank and lines...this is my approach.

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #24

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
That's interesting cause I have a silver backed sticker that is affixed below the connection inlet that warns that the drain valve should be in the open position when using the flushing system. Do you have this sticker on yours?

I'll have to check my manual and see if it contradicts the sticker.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #25
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I'll have to check my manual and see if it contradicts the sticker. Jack
jack

i think what really matters is whether the system is open somewhere to avoid air/water pressure build up, or pushing stuff up the vent pipe!!!!

i don't recall that sticker but it may be there....
i'll look in a few days.....but i don't always trust the stickers either.......

photo below is the one applied to my marinco power plug streetside....and i don't have a 2 a/c 50 amp set up....

one campground tried to up my charges when the camp guy inspected my site.... he said i was using 50 amps but only paying for 30. it took a while to convice him the plug/cord were actually 30....and the sticker was wrong.

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet warning label.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	17911  
Old 01-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
flushing and dumping

2air:

Thanks for the info.

I will reconsider whether I want to install the flush on the grey. Your point about more spots to leak well made. There will also be one less installation in the body shell.

I did notice that there was a funky smell to the old grey that we removed. After 30 years it had probably permeated the polyethylene. Eventually, that permeates the trailer.

Not having food in the grey isn’t easy since the kitchen drains there.

I agree we do get pretty anal about our tanks. On the other hand, the commonly used RV system is pretty much the equivalent of what we all had behind grandma’s farmhouse.

Waste dumping certainly hasn’t kept up with other technology advances in trailers over the years.

I’m installing the Sani-Con Waste Management System. This has the ability to back flush the black tank with water from the grey tank.

I’ve also ordered the Micro Pulse Tank Monitor used in new Airstreams.

Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #27
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
That's interesting cause I have a silver backed sticker that is affixed below the connection inlet that warns that the drain valve should be in the open position when using the flushing system. Do you have this sticker on yours? Jack
hi jack and others

looked for the sticker today......didn't see one. is this where yours is located?

for those keepin' score....clicky on pic for bigger/better view.

center is bwf,
to the left is fresh water outlet/black handle/knob and brass backflow valve,
and far left is freshwater inlet with supplied section of hose.

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	black tank flush port.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	18180  
Old 02-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #28

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Yep, mine is located just above the inlet.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #29
_

. , .
here ya go sergei.......

this should be a clearer view of the fresh water inlet and outlet and bwf...

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	water ports.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	18492  
Old 03-31-2006, 12:19 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

Complete obstruction black tank flush

Over last season my black tank flush stopped working. It will not accept any flow. I even tried blowing into it and nothing; although you can almost hear a valve snapping shut. I can see the valve fitting just under the bathroom sink but I cant get to it without taking the sink out.
Anyone have similar problems or a solution?
Thanks,
dik
1992 Sovereign 22 feet
dikku@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:33 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
VALLEY CENTER , California
Revolution Rv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmesDean
Well, I called them - and its funny you bring up if they're trustworthy or not. I had bought my current 2005 25' Safari SS from them, but not before dealing with an incompetent salesperson. I finally was able to get to the owner, who was more than happy to help me with the purchase and answers to questions I had.

It wasn't until a couple weeks ago, with my rig in their service center, that I had the thought to upgrade my SS to an FB model. Revolution had one advertised in RV Trader Online at a great price and so I call them about it and talk to John, their "Internet Salesperson." Well, he somehow confuses the whole deal with a rig that was approx. $10K more. Long story short, after many phone calls back and forth, their ad is completely wrong and they don't even have a rig at that price nor description!!

So now here I am with my rig stuck in their Service Department for the last 4 weeks and they're telling me Airstream won't fix the Black Tank Flush. I call the Service Department and tell them my conversation with Rhonda at Airstream and they're non-chalant about my concern. AND then to top it off, I call back to talk to whoever is Management for the day (hoping to get one of the owners), the person who answers the phone states he's trying to figure out who it is as well as no one is in yet. Unbelievable...
I, too am stuck with this dealer. I bought a new 2005 Bambi 19CCD from this place three weeks ago and have yet to take delivery.I had an appointment with them this week for the walk thru,and the trailer was filthy,items to be fixed hadn't been touched.Called three days later and they hadn't begun anything.I don't know when I will get the thing from them.When I call they act like they don't know what's going on.If I ever get it, I am considering having it serviced at the next closest dealer in Irvine.They say they have ordered new tail lights due to corrosion, and some ill fitting trim pieces inside but from your experience with them,I'm afraid they will keep my coach in their shop forever.Have you considered the Irvine dealer and can we even use them for warranty service?
spinyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #32
Commercial Vendor
Commercial Member

corona , California
your tail lights are here and are being installed today, as for being stuck with us you can take your trailer to any airstream of your choosing, as for not taking delivery, that was your choosing, because you wanted to wait until the parts came in from airstream.
no problem. one thing i am sure of is that other airstream dealers have problems with customers, trailers,and parts from time to time as we are all human, this happens we don't like it but it is part of the human experience.
i can assure you we are a trustworthy dealer as we have very few if any complaints from our customers
the view you get from the fourm is often one sided and taken at face value to be objective in your advice to others you should hear boths side of the story before replying.
as an airstream dealer we are happy to provide sales, service and parts with a smile and all the support that airstream customers need, we have not mastered the walk on water routine but we strive to better ourselvs and our company everyday.
airfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:36 PM   #33
_

. , .
hi airfish......

are you george from the revolution airsteam dealership? where is that anyway...

it would be great if you started a thread over in the 'vendors section' to introduce us to your place, services and so on.....

welcome to the forums...hope you can help us with other problems...over time...

aren't dealer supposed to carry the "comerical vendor" designation....on the forums?

cheers
2air'
Old 04-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #34
Commercial Vendor
Commercial Member

corona , California
Yes I am from the dealership, and no i was unaware of a different designation for dealers, i just wanted to respond to the post, and no we do not advertise in this space. and as a dealer have been advised not to give advise on this fourm due the the liability issues that could arise.

George
airfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #35
_

. , .
hi airfish george

well i don't know about liabiltiy but we have a couple of dealer who post pics when new models arrive.....and usually these pics are more up to date that the factory web site....so they are helpful to shoppers and we all enjoy seeing the new stuff.

do what ever you are comfortable with....

regards

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.