Old 09-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Cedar Park , Texas
Belly pan leak after black tank rinse

I have a 25ft 2015 flying cloud. After dumping the black tank I perform a blank tank rinse. I now see my a small a leak from the belly pan. It does not leak when dumping. Is the pressure from the rinse causing a leak in the pan seam?

Any help would be appreciated.

brendakerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
3rd one is the charm?

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Look inside the trailer in the area were the flush connection is. Usually behind a cabinet under sink, or whatever is back there in your model. Either anti-siphon valve is cracked/leaking, or you simply have a loose fitting that you can tighten up by hand. With a flashlight and the rinse under pressure, you should be able to find the leak and tighten the connection. If it's the anti-siphon valve cracked, easy replacement, many choose to replace with a solid brass one, others just replace it with a 90 degree elbow and eliminate it, but you then lose the back-flow protection it affords.

With regard to belly pan, that hides the black tank, which doesn't have any seams, it's solid plastic. Your leak is very likely occurring where noted, and dripping down inside the wall and out the belly pan. Common issue.

pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Cedar Park , Texas
Siphon valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
Look inside the trailer in the area were the flush connection is. Usually behind a cabinet under sink, or whatever is back there in your model. Either anti-siphon valve is cracked/leaking, or you simply have a loose fitting that you can tighten up by hand. With a flashlight and the rinse under pressure, you should be able to find the leak and tighten the connection. If it's the anti-siphon valve cracked, easy replacement, many choose to replace with a solid brass one, others just replace it with a 90 degree elbow and eliminate it, but you then lose the back-flow protection it affords.

With regard to belly pan, that hides the black tank, which doesn't have any seams, it's solid plastic. Your leak is very likely occurring where noted, and dripping down inside the wall and out the belly pan. Common issue.
Thanks I will start my search.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Cedar Park , Texas
Thanks
I will start my search
Old 09-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
If you have a FB 25, that antisiphon is probably accessible through the wardrobe. Look in the back of the lower section of that closet for a shelf. Remove the screws holding that shelf in place and the antisiphon is right there. I had to replace mine this summer because it leaked every time I used it.
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Caledonia , Michigan
I had the same issue with my camper. The fitting on the tank where the flush was connected was cracked. Since it was on the top of the tank, it only leaked when flushing. The fix required replacement of the whole tank. Luckily it was done under warranty.
Amsterdamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Cedar Park , Texas
Antisiphon leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaDog View Post
If you have a FB 25, that antisiphon is probably accessible through the wardrobe. Look in the back of the lower section of that closet for a shelf. Remove the screws holding that shelf in place and the antisiphon is right there. I had to replace mine this summer because it leaked every time I used it.
Did you have to replace the tank or the antisiphon valve?
Old 09-11-2019, 04:32 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
Just the valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendakerry View Post
Did you have to replace the tank or the antisiphon valve?
My leak was just the valve. It is a very easy replacement if you can locate and access the valve. The confirmation of the problem is easy too. Once you locate the valve, run a hose hooked up to the sewer flush port for 5-10 seconds. If the valve is the problem there will be water visible in the area around the valve.

Here's what my valve looked like: https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A10-...df_B00KNBGSD4/

The repair that Amsteader described is about 1,000 times more difficult... and 2,000 as rare as a failed check valve.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Cedar Park , Texas
Antisiphon leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaDog View Post
My leak was just the valve. It is a very easy replacement if you can locate and access the valve. The confirmation of the problem is easy too. Once you locate the valve, run a hose hooked up to the sewer flush port for 5-10 seconds. If the valve is the problem there will be water visible in the area around the valve.

Here's what my valve looked like: https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A10-...df_B00KNBGSD4/

The repair that Amsteader described is about 1,000 times more difficult... and 2,000 as rare as a failed check valve.
Thanks-This looks like an easy fix. No plumber tape need I assume as it is plastic? I will get the part in advance as my TT is in storage.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:07 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
I don't recall finding PTFE tape on the original factory joints, nor do I believe I used any in the replacement. A wrap or two wouldn't hurt, but this line and its fittings do not have to hold full pressure. In fact, I don't recall needing tools. I believe that both pipe fittings on the lines that connect to that valve in my trailer had lugs on them that allowed me to grip each fitting for both removal and replacement using just my fingers. I would check to see that both washers stay with the fittings and are sound when you remove the old valve.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Cedar Park , Texas
Antiphon valve

It was the valve 10 min trouble shoot and 5 min replacement time. Canít thank you enough as I would never have even found the valve inside the wardrobe. And I am not mechanically adept!!

Happy camping !!
Old 09-14-2019, 10:20 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' International
Edmond , Oklahoma
Ours leaked there when it was still new. Dlr replaced the valve.
1Boyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:49 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
I'll be here all week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendakerry View Post
It was the valve 10 min trouble shoot and 5 min replacement time. Canít thank you enough as I would never have even found the valve inside the wardrobe. And I am not mechanically adept!!

Happy camping !!
Good job! That's precisely why so many of us hang out here... to learn what we need to learn and share what we know with others.

Replacing that check valve is a good project to tackle yourself if you haven't done repairs on your own Airstream before. Hopefully you won't need to read my post on replacing the roof AC, or the one on removing the fresh water tank or worse yet, my upcoming post on replacing the black tank dump valve... but that info is there if you ever need it.