Originally Posted by asmetana@kar
Andy, how much does it typically run (I'm fine with a ballpark estimate), what size, and how long does it take?
When adding a gray tank, there are several factors that must be considered.
1. Where will the tank fit? That dictates capacity.
2. How will it effect the tongue weight when empty? When full?
3. How will it mount?
4. Where can the vent pipe be routed?
5. How can the tank be emptied? Can it be coupled to single outlet? Or, must it have a separate outlet?
6. What is the condition of the frame in the area of the "gray" tank. Are any repairs to the frame necessary? Are any modifications to the frame necessary?
7. What method will be used to let you know how full the gary tank may be?
When all of these factors are answered, then a closer ball park figure can be quoted.
In the absence of the above information, a gray tank could run as cheap as $750.00 installed, on up to twice that amount.
Every length and year Airstream or Argosy trailer is different, therefore a quote can only be made on a specific trailer, after inspection.
There are legal issues that a dealer must consider when adding a gray tank to as to not jeopardize the owners safety.