Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Lots of good information, but the audience seems split. After calling the blue and orange stores for special order, I don't need enough for them to do it. Even Plumbers Supply didn't have it on hand. I'm going with PVC, but will have a mechanical connection for where the PVC meets the tank. Thanks for the advice!
Old construction guy here. I would stick with one kind of material, one kind of glue. IMO, ABS is the better choice for a travel trailer.

I have successfully used combinations of ABS and PVC pipe and fittings. I've also seen it fail, specifically the glue joints fail.

Try your local mobile home parts store. I've had luck at Mobile Home Depot (local where I am in FL) finding 3", 2" and 1.5" ABS pipes and fittings. They may ship if you call them.

If the mobile home parts store does not work, you can order online at HD and have it delivered to your house or HD local store.
fittings> https://www.homedepot.com/s/abs%2520...ittings?NCNI-5
pipe> https://www.homedepot.com/s/abs%2520pipe?NCNI-5
Old 12-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
Livermore , California
I redid ours a year ago and was able to get every ABS piece locally at Lowe's and Home Depot (except the dump valves of course). If there are no other option in your area you could easily get it shipped.
MotoMannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
Most smaller hardware stores carry ABS pipe & fittings..
True Value etc...
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
1996 30' Land Yacht
Riverview , Florida
In the big box stores look for dvw rated pipe and fittings. It many places code has changed to allow its use in place of abs. There is a special glue for the transition joints which is also available. Like noted, most big box stores have stopped carrying abs pipe and fittings.
pryner is offline   Reply With Quote