Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Shreveport , Louisiana
58 Overlander Black Tank?

I did a search and best I can tell the 58 Overlander would have an above floor black tank with the toilet mounted on top.

If this is the case the PO took the tank and toilet out when he replaced the flooring. Is there any reason not to put a cheap home toilet in since I will be hooked up long term with water and sewage?

I was thinking I would go with a small, surplus 110 water heater and home toilet to get things going on the cheap, and change them out later. Any compelling reasons not to?
FastCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCars
Is there any reason not to put a cheap home toilet in since I will be hooked up long term with water and sewage?
Not really, as long as you mount it so water doesn't get on the floor. Most early travel trailers had regular toilets in them anyway before the advent of the black tank, and RV toilet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCars

I was thinking I would go with a small, surplus 110 water heater and home toilet to get things going on the cheap, and change them out later. Any compelling reasons not to?
If you do, I would wire the water heater to an outside breaker panel, so when the time comes to put in a regular LP water heater, all you have to do is pull the wires out, and install the LP heater. There is flexible conduit to make this a neat, professional-looking job.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Shreveport , Louisiana
Thanks.
FastCars is offline   Reply With Quote