Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1988 25' Excella
East Dublin , Georgia
1973 LandYacht Blackwater Blues

Hi Folks,

I'd recently purchased a 31' 1973 Excella 500 Landyacht. It's in great shape given it's age - however I did find two issues. Blackwater Blues and a humming inverter. The first of which is the worst (I think) and that is that upon close examination I can see where a square hole was cut out around the holding tanks. With that, while camping this past weekend, the blackwater seemed to leak out from around the "neck" from the holding tank bay to the hook-up (I'm a novice, so my wordage may be a little vague). It was Okay as long as I had it open and running through the sewer hookup - but when it was closed and not hooked up to sewer - BEHOLD the LEAK!

Any help would be greatly appreciated -
trackbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
How I remember 6 months ago

I was in the same boat. You probably have a Univolt and they do hum. If it works your good. The black tank is another issue. Everything you need to know to fix that problem our on this forum. Check out what I have done and accomplished in six months. I am not finished yet but I am getting there. You will find great resources and some of the best people in the world in this forum. Click on the link below.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...ion-38204.html

SIU Bound

Brian
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackbandit
Hi Folks,

I'd recently purchased a 31' 1973 Excella 500 Landyacht. It's in great shape given it's age - however I did find two issues. Blackwater Blues and a humming inverter. The first of which is the worst (I think) and that is that upon close examination I can see where a square hole was cut out around the holding tanks. With that, while camping this past weekend, the blackwater seemed to leak out from around the "neck" from the holding tank bay to the hook-up (I'm a novice, so my wordage may be a little vague). It was Okay as long as I had it open and running through the sewer hookup - but when it was closed and not hooked up to sewer - BEHOLD the LEAK!

Any help would be greatly appreciated -
TB,

Your 'Univolt' is a 'converter'.......not an 'inverter'. If I were you, I would dump it immediately and replace it with a new, electronic converter that has 3-stage automatic battery charging, and treat yourself to a new set of batteries while you're at it. You'll be much happier!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
-get an Intellipower 9200 with built in charge wizard..you won't regret it...

bath redo:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...air-38434.html
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote