Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly g
I have a 1960 safari that is missing the dump valve. The valve has been replaced by a 3" iron pipe 4-way fitting, with the gray water lines attached near the outlet. There is no way to hold anything in the tank.

I noticed the post by GT1963 had pictures of a setup that looked like what I guess mine looked like in it's original condition.

Did anybody find where to get the valve? My gray water lines from the shower and bathroom sink enter the fitting below the level of the tank. Is this right? It looks to me like this would cause waste in the tank to back up into the gray lines.
The original brass valve has not been available for 40 years.

A mounting flange is fiberglassed on to the bottom of your fiberglass tank.

Then the apropriate Thetford valve can simply be attached to it.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Speaking of Black Tanks for a 63.....any suggestions or good recommendation of a place to get custom design tanks.

We have not started on our black tank yet - and Peter is really liking the new 08 Safari sport Bathroom layouts and thinks he would like to step up and put a whole new bathroom in to match the new sealand toile and SS sink we bought

Okay so I sort of dropped the idea on him...At first I was trying to convince him to buy one - yes a new one on that $299.00/$299.00 deal - but then we have more weigh carrying capacity in our 63 GT - and she is in the middle between the two models.

Next I need to find out if the shower units are available for aftermarket purchase from Airstream Inc - and the damage $$$. The exact dimensions and if they would fit and how we could modify to compensate for the 63 back window...anything can be done if you have the imagination right???

Any help on the black tanks and new shower stall would be very much appreciated.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I meant to post these pics a while back on this thread...

We have not done it yet - but Peter thought this was the best adaption to use. We thought of cutting the original glassed in connector but then decided not to - new holes could be drilled into the ABS and then screw to the existing mount, as well as being glassed in for a perfect water tight seal and strength.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0423.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	52277

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0424.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	52278

He was then going to have anothe ABS part cemented that carries the grey to a dump valve seperate of the black dump valve. We have no grey tank and do not intend on putting one in. We ran with a blue Buddy with the 69 for 3 years and never had a problem.... We have a low profile BB with a side valve that we can hook up anytime - the low profile fits right under the trailer so out of sight out of mind for other campers that is.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags