Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Water Tank Connection repair

I found the floor wet around the water pump area and am replacing all connections on tank. Have them all replaced except the fill tube line. The line is Green/White, about 1 1/2". Have removed clamps at both ends and she still not coming loose from tank or outside fill fixture (didn't want to force removal).

Is there any secrets in removing the fill tube line? Once removed, I can see another problem of getting the clamps on new line because of the tight fitting going through the trailer siding. The intake line is connected to a lockable door intake connector on the outside of trailer. Both ends of the line looks like a shrink-tubing connection. Any suggestions. Thank ya, Tom
mocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
water pump

Forget it. I got it.....I guess you all know that give a guy enough rope and he will hang himself (or find the answer which I did). Thanks anyway...
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Happy you have found the solution but it might be helpful to give some details so that other members might be enlightened?

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
water pump

Your right, Dave, I read the post again and it could have been worded better. I seriously appreciate all the help I get on this forum. Actually, I was elated with myself for finding the problem I was asking about. I am in the middle of putting new vinyl flooring in our Bambi 19' and running into things I haven't dealt with before. Today I took the couch and water tank out which will make laying vinyl much easier. Now.....hopefully, I can get'er back together by myself. However, I know where to go to find the answers if need be. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Replacing vinyl because one of the connections to/from water pump leaked and ran under the floor covering. Thank God I found it before any damage was done. Thanks again, Tom