Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Americus , Georgia
When hookedup to outside water my pressure is very low at shower head. Any help
Bruce H
Bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin
I did not come across your post until now. I had a similar problem last year. I played with the pressure regulator and then bypassed it. I used a 10$ in line regulator.

I reconnected the original and back flushed it and then it worked fine. You might try that? Option #2 is my first action which helped a lot, both in terms of the problem an me personally----I gave it a whack with a rubber hammer! It helped but did not totaly solve my problem

I recomend that if you try that use a RUBBER hammer and just tap it a few times, before actually whacking it. I believe I had some grit or calcium built up in the regulator. It did turn out to be one of the lesser problems with my plumbing.

The other thing to look for is a kinked water line between the pressure regulator and the backflow valve (assuming one was installed) where the intake merges into the trailer house lines.

If I were having more of a problem with calcified lines I would think about flushing with dilute muatic acid, but that has its own little addtional details to deal with.

You have my sympathy, it is a pain . I had enough other problems with plumbing I am replacing my lines, heater adding an acumulator and some creative valving for multi methods of draining or bypassing or isolating lines and fixtures.
Smokin Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Bruce, When I experience low pressure from my shore line I turn on the pump and supplement with the fresh water tank onboard. It really improves the pressure. You may wish to give that a try. Good luck and HAPPY TRAILS
Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Shower Head

Hi Bruce,
My shower head did the same thing, all I did is clean our the filter in the shower head. There is screen in there wich plugs up with calcium. The best fix is to put a in line filter on your shore water hose.
Rugards Fromm Russell In sunny and warm Tucson.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H
When hookedup to outside water my pressure is very low at shower head. Any help
Bruce H
Hi, Bruce; Your trailer is too new for calcium deposits and regulator problems. I had the same problem, last time out, low pressure at the shower head, but good everywhere else. My answer is: ther must be an air pocket in the system. I suspect in the water heater because I could not get hot water from the shower head. I just turned everything on and off until the system purged and then it worked fine. Not sure, but I think I turned on the water heater switch before purgeing the entire system, makeing it harder to purge.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Are you sure that the button on the head is pushed to open. If it is pushed closed the water will slowly drip out, but not shut off. A few people have fallen for this one before .

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums, Bruce. Sorry that it took so long to get back to you, but occasionally, things slip through the cracks around here. All the prior posts are good info to troubleshoot this problem. You didn't mention if the shower head is the only water faucet with low pressure.

If it is, try the switch on the shower head first. Then try cleaning out the screen. There could be debris in the water line to the shower, but this is the least likely suspect.

If all the faucets run slow, try removing your pressure control unit for a test. If this solves the problem, try tapping the valve on a table. If it still doesn't work right. Get a new cantrol unit; get a brass one, the plastic ones are kind of junky. You can get a brass one at Wal-Mart for about $9.

If you are using an in-line water filter, also check the system without it. Those things get a little clogged sometimes. Good luck, and let us know what you find out.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
One other point - If you do suspect clogged shower head discharges, remove the head and soak it in vinager for a couple of hours or overnight. Then flush it out real good. I've had good success with this without going to the hard-core acids.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote