Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Tallahassee , Florida
water pressure??

I have a 96 excella 25ft. I have always had somewhat low water pressure when hooked up to city water. I was thinking of replacing my regulator (built into the fresh water hook-up) but the new shurflo0 is rated at 65 psi where the old one is 50 psi. Additionally, I have also been using a stright-line hose regulator (which I believe is 40-50 psi) on the feed end of the water hose. Seems that the double combination has the effect of reducing pressure below the 50 psi. Pump pressure is more.

Anyway, is there anything to worry about in going with the new shurfo rated at 65 psi??

Thanks, Richard
jasper2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The point at which you want to regulate pressure is at the city hose connection. Your hose is the most venerable to over pressure.

If what I think you are using at the city connection, one of those brass 1 1/8 dia. 3 in. long so called regulator that is a complete waste of time and money. I have never figured out how they have gotten away so long with calling them regulators since you can blow air through them without restriction. At best that could be a Volume Restricter. If you want to regulate at the city connection you need a diaphragm type pressure regulator.

As for low pressure in the trailer. Question. Is there pressure there when you first turn on the faucet and then dropping off quite quickly. If so my first point to look at is the screen at the trailer hose connection. They tend to get cover with debris from the city system. Check and clean if needed.

If you have low pressure at the moment you turn on the faucet you may have a regulator in the trailer that is set low. Not that likely but that would be the first thing to look at if the pressure is low at the start of flow.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote