Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
KW , Ontario
Water on floor of bathroom

I have a 2007 classic 30' that seems to have water on the bathroom floor. I first noticed it a couple of months ago when travelling. Whenever the trailer was moved and it had a bumpy ride there would be a puddle on the floor around the toilet. At first I thought it had splashed out of the tank, but now on our last trip to the Outer Banks there was water on the floor constantly. I turned off the water supply to the toilet and the problem stopped.

When I got home I removed the toilet and hooked it up to my garden hose (after a couple a trips to HD to get the right connectors). To my surprise the toilet did not leak. Yesterday while winterizing the trailer I noticed that the pipe to the toilet is very loose. It seems to be loose right after the shut off. So I am thinking that is the source of the problem.

Does anyone have experience with re-crimping pipes? Can I go to my local store and get a crimper and some clamps? What type of system was used in '07? I would really appreciate any advice from folks who are in the know and have experience with this.

Cheers,
Walt
gator.bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Original Thetford toilet? Mine developed a leak where the water would accumulate just forward of the pedal mechanism, up inside. There are cavities which would hold water there, then slosh out while travelling. The repair wasn't a lot less than replacing with a Dometic 310, which I did.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote