Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Albany , Oregon
Water Leaking under trailer

I have a 2014 25'FB Flying Cloud that has a leak under the trailer coming from a large black tank. Photo attached. I filled the fresh water tank 2 nights ago and just this morning noticed water dripping. Is this the fresh water tank? I circled the leaking area in red. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaking tank.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	393269  
FlyingCloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
If you are connected to city water, your pump is quite likely leaking back into your fresh water tank and overflowing. Shut off the city water and run you pump on/off several times and that usually clears the crud that is letting the water flow back through the pump. If that doesn't fix the problem. take the pump out, take it apart and clean it.
There are many posts in the forum about doing this. Not a big job!!
ACI #7394
2012 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Denali
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
1976 22' Argosy
Hensley Hitch
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Albany , Oregon
I'm not connected to water, just fresh water in the tank. And water pump is not on. Stopped leaking an hour ago. Didn't do anything. Fresh water still says 100%. I fill it to over flowing when I fill the tank but you'd think any excess would have dripped out prior to 36 hours later.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
My fill hose leaked where it connects to the fresh water tank. A leaky fill hose could also result in water being in-between the plastic fresh water tank and the metal covering that holds the tank in. So it could drip for a long while.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Fill Hose Connection

Attached is a picture of the water fill hose taken from inside the trailer.

The large white and green corrugated hose is the fill hose. There is a hose clamp at the top where it attaches to the filler neck and at the bottom where it attached to the tank.

The smaller clear hose is the air vent hose that vents the tank. It also has hose clamps on it. If one of those hoses has a loose clamp, and you are filling the tank until it overflows, the water will spill out into your trailer or onto the top of the tank and collect in the tank cover.

You may be able to reach the lower hose clamps from inside the trailer if you have skinny arms with extra joints, small hands, and amazing dexterity. Not having any of those, I removed my tank to get to it.

The upper clamps are easily accessed by removing the outer tank fill cover and pulling away from the body a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS Water tank Fill (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	688.7 KB
ID:	393294  
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Albany , Oregon
Thanks for all the help. I’m betting and hoping it’s just the over flow from filling the tank. I closed the cover while water was still flowing out. Probably a bad idea.
I’ll keep an eye on it.
Rich
Old 04-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #7
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Rich

Might as well add inspection of the FW tank drain hose. Might be the hose to tank or valve fitting is dripping.

Gary
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Don't forget the temp going up will make the water expand and fill the tank more.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:34 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
The good news is... it stopped. There is a lot going on inside that black box. There is an inlet (big flexible pipe), an outlet, a vent, both low point drains pass through there, the tank has several plugs for other possible outlets, the box is ribbed and lined with styrofoam. Lots of places for water to leak and to pool until a slight tip of the trailer causes it to flow and find an opening.

I have a 2014 25’ FB and replaced the tank (thanks again, I25 in Denver!). The whole process is documented and profusely detailed with original photographs here: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44...-a-188156.html. Take a look and you might have a better idea of what’s inside there.

I’d say you got a bit of overflow or have a slight leak from the connection between the tank and either the fill line or the vent line.

The leak to worry about is the one that doesn’t stop and where the fresh water gauge shows a decrease over time.
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:42 PM   #10
demijac

2014 27' FB Classic
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to demijac
Ours Does That All the Time ....

..... whenever we overflow the the water tank before heading out of the campground. Sometimes it will slow leak for a good half day before it stops on its own. Don't like to waste water so learning to listen to the sound of the water as the water tank is being filled and stopping the fill just before it reaches overflow. That way, no more leaks.

Note that when the leak doesn't stop on its own, that means the valve (forgot what they call it) at the bottom of the water tank needs to be replaced. We've had to do that a few times in our eight years on the road.

Cheers!
demijac is offline   Reply With Quote