To prepare for winter, we like to remove all sensitive systems. I do not like to keep our water filters in nor the water pump.
AS makes it very difficult to remove the water pump.
we have extra time during this COVID-19 crisis, so i had some free time on my hands to work on our AS before we start the season.
What i did:
- the water system and piping has been upgraded to allow for easy dismantling in the fall and easy re-install in the spring
- Water pump has been moved to an easy to remove location
- an insulated platform was mad atop the gray tank and firmly anchored on each side to stop any movement
- Union/street connections are used to dismantle the system
- flexible hose on the output of the water pump to reduce vibrations.
- a stub has been added to allow for easy adding a vacuum diaphragm in the future
- cleaned up the messy electrical wiring.
- added pipe insulation to keep flowing water noise down and reduce condensation during warm weather
here are the pics of the installation under the cupboard between the bathroom and the fridge in our 22FB