Old 04-10-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
Seeking Advice - Water Compartment Inlets

I have a very new-to-me 2018 Classic M30 RQB and a question about the water inlets located inside of the exterior water compartment.

Can someone educate me on the difference between the 2-two separate water inlets located inside my exterior water compartment?

I understand from reading the Owner's Manual that the one shown on the left in the attached photo and marked City Water Inlet (potable water only) is the one I would most commonly use when connecting up water supply and is supported by a built in 55 psi regulator BUT I have no idea what the one marked "Water Inlet" on the right is, further-to-which is not addressed in the owner's manual. Both have female garden hose connection threads and screw in cover caps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER INLETS.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	365404

'18 Classic M30 RFB w/AMSolar' 600w Victron Energy/V4 Lithium Power, ProPride 3P, etc.
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
one is for drinking water- use the white hose.

the other SHOULD NEVER the white hose- use a green one.

The smaller valve is for flushing the black tank. Read the owners manual, it is clearly marked there. If you use the white hose on the smaller inlet, you may get back flush from the black tanks. This could make everyone sick in the AS

waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post
one is for drinking water- use the white hose.

the other SHOULD NEVER the white hose- use a green one.

The smaller valve is for flushing the black tank. Read the owners manual, it is clearly marked there. If you use the white hose on the smaller inlet, you may get back flush from the black tanks. This could make everyone sick in the AS
Ahh, the beauty of the Air Forums.

Waninae, Thank you for the clarification. I have since (at your advice) gone back re-read the OM and as you stated, I now know the difference only just a bit surprised AS does not label the inlet as the black tank flush water inlet instead of just "water inlet".

Again, thanks.

'18 Classic M30 RFB w/AMSolar' 600w Victron Energy/V4 Lithium Power, ProPride 3P, etc.
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote