Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
Grace the Airstream

2020 27' Globetrotter
Powhatan , Virginia
PSA: 2020 Water Heater Supply Line

Wanted to post a thread as a prompt for any 18+ Globetrotter owners to check third Water Heater Supply Line.

Last week we arrived at the campground with our 2020 Globetrotter 27 FB and over the next couple days we noticed a bit of wetness coming up through the floor.

It was also raining really hard those few days here on the east coast which made it a bit trickier to narrow down where the water was coming from.

After checking the toilet seal and supply lines, ensuring that the vent pipe for the black tank wasn't leaking from the roof I started inspecting the lines under the sink.

It was very hard to locate the problem because it was a plastic pipe that has worn a small hole because it was rubbing against a piece of wood.

Ultimately the folks who plumbed my unit at Johnson Center made an error when plumbing the supply line and left an unprotected pipe resting on a wood corner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201113_082935.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	383290Click image for larger version

Name:	20201113_082917.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	383291

To fix the problem and ensure I don't have the same issue again, I cut the pipe closer to the "T" split and added a male threaded piece and the used a steel braded flexible faucet line with a pipe protector on it.

Works brilliantly and they likely should have done this from the beginning.

Hope you all don't have the same issue but worth checking. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_100657.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	383292Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_100624.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	383293
pdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Looks very promising and if needed serviceable.

I have added a selection of pex fittings, section of pex to my carry with me parts. The clamps I bought do not need any special tools only a channel lock pliers to lock and a screwdriver to release.

Pexlock makes them.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Greater Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavey View Post
Wanted to post a thread as a prompt for any 18+ Globetrotter owners to check third Water Heater Supply Line.

Last week we arrived at the campground with our 2020 Globetrotter 27 FB and over the next couple days we noticed a bit of wetness coming up through the floor.

It was also raining really hard those few days here on the east coast which made it a bit trickier to narrow down where the water was coming from.

After checking the toilet seal and supply lines, ensuring that the vent pipe for the black tank wasn't leaking from the roof I started inspecting the lines under the sink.

It was very hard to locate the problem because it was a plastic pipe that has worn a small hole because it was rubbing against a piece of wood.

Ultimately the folks who plumbed my unit at Johnson Center made an error when plumbing the supply line and left an unprotected pipe resting on a wood corner.

To fix the problem and ensure I don't have the same issue again, I cut the pipe closer to the "T" split and added a male threaded piece and the used a steel braded flexible faucet line with a pipe protector on it.

Works brilliantly and they likely should have done this from the beginning.

Hope you all don't have the same issue but worth

Thank you for the warning and detailed explanation. The pictures helped tremendously too. I will be sure to check ours as well.