Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Zanesville , Ohio
Pressure Reducer?...Regulating Valve?

I'm working on our 65 Outlander which is in pretty decent original shape. It has some issues that I'm trying to "shore up" to get camping, with some major work in the off season.
First question.....Was the water pump for my 65 originally mounted in the front, to the left of the water tank as is seen in a copy of the 65 manual I've downloaded? Mine is located in the rear of my trailer, between the toilet and the 12V battery. Not sure why unless this was an option?, or more convenient for the PO.
And secondly, I'm goiung to try to attach a few pics showing my plumbing in the rear. Am I correct that the fitting my shore water attaches to is an anti backflow fitting? And what is the fitting next in line from this? Is this supposed to be the water regulating valve I've been searching for? The small copper line running off of that valve runs up to the bath cold supply If remember from standing on my head earlier. Only thing is when I run city water into the first valve, nothing runs out of this mystery fitting. If this is not my regulating valve, where should it be inline? Are you all confused yet?
And last, what is this small rubber/copper pipe contraption coming down from the top of my rear door? I don't see any purpoe for it unless it id to drain ??
Thanks All,
Chris

Hihosilver2 is offline   Reply With Quote