Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2024, 05:25 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2024 20' Caravel
Westerville , Ohio
Newbie with new caravel and no fresh water

Just de-winterized our 2024 caravel and was proud it went flawlessly. Then I fillled the freshwater tank, turned on the water pump switch and - nothing. No water, no sound of water pump turning on or operating.

I am hoping it’s a simple “flip that switch” thing. Any ideas?
CopyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:55 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Garden City , New York
Did you have the battery disconnected while winterized? Turned it back on??

Bearstream01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:56 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2024 19' Bambi
Essex , New York
I'd start with the simple things. Are you plugged in? If not is your battery charged? Do your inside lights work? Next up would be to look in the electrical box and check that the water pump fuse is good. If you have DC power to other things and the fuse is not blown, then test that the switch has power. After that test that the pump has power. Next up is the pump itself.
I'm no electrical expert but that's how I'd start. Get back after you've checked a few things. Electrical testers are cheap, YouTube will help you learn how to use one. Happy to help if you've more questions. Good luck
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:23 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2024 20' Caravel
Westerville , Ohio
The batteries are fine. Caravel has full power. The green light comes on when I flip the water pump switch. The low point drains are closed. The valve for the winterization kit is in the “normal use” position, and the fuse seems to be fine.

Will swing by the dealer tomorrow morning and see if they can diagnose it. Hopefully they can solve it quickly. We were planning to do our first overnight this weekend at the Mothership.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
Take some time and look in there where the pump is, look around at the wiring and make sure there's not a wire loose or disconnected.

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 4:30 rear Leer Topper Ruby Red
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:15 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Meanwhile, just pack jugs of water and continue with your trip plans. We do it 100% of the time.
field & stream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:33 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Garden City , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyPirate View Post
The green light comes on when I flip the water pump switch.
Interesting. Can you show a pic of your water pump switch area? It might be different than mine. Mine does not have a light.

Bearstream01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:04 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
Check whether the wintering valve ahead of the pump is switched to draw water from the tank. Also make sure the cover on the strainer ahead of the pump is tight
Can you open the cover or panel enclosing the pump and check whether the pump motor is running or not.. Then at least you know if it is an electrical problem or not
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:11 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Pump

Sorry your experiencing this.

If the light is on the pump switch then its most likely a loose wire at the pump itself. There is only hot and ground.

If you can find your pump then with the switch on check you connections. You can also gently tap on the pump motor with a wooden hammer handle and see if it starts of course a faucet must be open.

If your headed to JC your all set they will get it fixed.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:05 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2024 20' Caravel
Westerville , Ohio
Stopped by the dealer and it turned out There WAS a little wired connection that had popped out. And good thing we stopped, because also the little filter that’s down there was leaking so he fixed that while we were there. Thanks for all the advice, it would’ve taken me hours to find that tiny little wire underneath everything. And I would’ve had no idea about the filter leaking. We weren’t getting a full water stream until the filter was removed. Lots of air in the line with the leak.

Man, The number of things I’ve learned in two months before even taking her out for her maiden voyage, I can’t imagine how many things I’ll learn in the next two years!

Tags
caravel